Stuck on a watch movement AS

Danh

Hi Guys

i am struggling to find the reference for a watch movement - I need to try and source a stem for it so I can give the watch to my wife.

i think it's 1920 - 1930's, but that's a guess because the movement has a Ebauche Trust logo on it as well as the AS logo, it measures 10.5 ligne (just shy of 24mm)

i have looked for ages  on ranfft as well as Google. It has 416.9 on it as well, but I am beginning to believe this does not relate to the caliber

its a very pretty watch with a silver case, with a gold telephone style dial

thanks

dan

IMG_8979.JPG

IMG_8980.JPG

4 hours ago, clockboy said:

I am 100% sure as the drawing is not that clear but looking at my "bestfit" book it could be caliber 922. There is no caliber 416.9.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&AS_922&

Thank you

novice question follows:

If they had a movement and moved the parts around, (move the balance from 6pm to 3pm against the crown position) - would this be the same calibre?

the answer to this question could make identifying movements a lot harder

thank you all for your time.

dan

Ok, I give up, quiz over, you can tell us now!

I understand why clockboy went for the 922, but this appears to be a cylinder movement.

Ernst Westphal has a great selection of vintage catalogues, including one that shows pages of 10.5'" rocker bar cylinder movements all together, but I can't spot this one anywhere.

AS movements in this category are 175, 467, 740, 760, 937, 960, 1086

My advice would be to look at the drawings for AS on windingstems.com and pick the one that appears to be the closest fit to the other parts you have

You may be able to find some older movement catalogues, but yours definitely isn't in any of the ones I know of on-line

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rogart63 said:

Have you search here? The 437 looks like it could be close? 

https://watch-wiki.org/index.php?title=Kategorie:Bildgalerie_Uhrwerke_Adolph_Schild_S.A.

Yes I agree thank you, it certainly does appear to be close

it makes me wonder that if the numbers jump between calibres if there are models in between that are not listed but closely related

appreciate your help my friend

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danh said:

Yes I agree thank you, it certainly does appear to be close

it makes me wonder that if the numbers jump between calibres if there are models in between that are not listed but closely related

appreciate your help my friend

Think there could very well be a model with that number. AS 416.9 but it's not easy to find them on google? Even the prima primarosa is close? 

But from there to find a stem that works? Maybe it would be easier to measure the clutch wheel and the movement plate and from there try to find a stem that could fit? If you go to windingstem.com you can type in the measurements and see if there is a stem available? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danh said:

Interesting - windingstems.com lists an AS415 as being a calibre

IMG_9043.JPG

Strange that "Bestfit" does not have the 416. Also cousins also do not recognise the 416. Personally if it was me I would just purchase a stem for the caliber 922 from Cousins which is approx. £5.