Movado watch and ETA movement 902-002

I have 3 Movado watches that I replaced the movement ,  The ETA 902-002 and each one of my customers come back in days or weeks later and say it is gaining, losing or not working at all yet when we have the watch it runs fine each time after the third time the watch came back to us I took all three into NYC to our Watch Maker we do business with and he had for two weeks and found nothing wrong with them.   Now I have one customer coming back in our store with watch saying it ran fine for 2 weeks than in 1 night it gained 20 min. Have anyone else have this experience? 

• Like 2

I had a similar experience with a customer who kept magnetising her watch. I found that she had a magnetic bracelet and was wearing it on the same wrist as the watch. It took a few weeks before I resolved this issue. 

The other issue to be aware of is how the customer wears the watch. Some wear the watch with the crown facing away from the hand some even wear it on the reverse side of the wrist. This knowledge is useful when regulating the watch i.e. getting the best setting for how they will use/wear the watch. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have had similar experience selling used cars to "knot heads"  and "remorsefull buyers".  getting back to  watches,   I  have a Movado and a nevia grechen  that probably have the same mvt..  both my favorites,  lose some time and should be serviced. But, here is the "tire kicker";  just bought  a ditual microscope camera for watch work. it failed in 1 hour ! I am expecting a replacement (not my money back).  when will we get quality equipment again ??  as Mao said;  "be happy in your work".  later vinn

• Like 1