Help with Ralco watch

My husbands dad had a Ralco watch from the Second World War when he was in the army, he won it in a card game and wore it until he died a couple of years a go. Does anyone know where I could get it repaired, I know it's not very valuable but would like to get repaired for my husband. Our local jewellers wanted £200 to have a look and could not guarantee any repairs. Only thing on it is a Ralco waterproof shock protected anti magnetic Swiss made with a silver coloured stretch strap. Thanks

HI Sheila,

The reason the jeweller can not guarantee repairs is because spare parts will be difficult to source. However if the watch just needs a service then any competent jeweller or an independent repairer should be capable with this. I have attached a BHI link that shows their accredited repair shops throughout the UK and overseas.

http://bhi.co.uk/find-a/how-to-find-a-professional/

1 hour ago, Sheila said:

My husbands dad had a Ralco watch from the Second World War when he was in the army, he won it in a card game and wore it until he died a couple of years a go. Does anyone know where I could get it repaired, I know it's not very valuable but would like to get repaired for my husband. Our local jewellers wanted £200 to have a look and could not guarantee any repairs. Only thing on it is a Ralco waterproof shock protected anti magnetic Swiss made with a silver coloured stretch strap. Thanks

200 Euros to look (estimate) a watch? I suggest you look for a better estimate in another watchmaker. Because 200 Euros is too expensive in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, SeikoWatch said:
200 Euros to look (estimate) a watch? I suggest you look for a better estimate in another watchmaker. Because 200 Euros is too expensive in my opinion.

If the jeweller had an idea what is wrong.  i.e. if he suspects it is the balance staff then £200 is not far off when you consider it will have to be made. For a straight forward service then yes it is over the top but with fewer repairers available in many areas customers have little or no choice.