Major mess with chinese 2813 automatic movement

Hello guys, I don't know what happened here. Today I removed the movement from a watch with this 2813 automatic movement, it features second hand hack. I removed the rotor and then I glued a dial in a correct position (it was askew), I removed the feet from the dial and then glued it on the movement with a tiny bit of super glue. I am positive the glue didn't go in any wheel or something. However now this is what happen: The second hand hack is gone, the position for winding is gone too. I can set the hour but when I screw in the crown at the end the setting of the hour engages again and the hands go backward. I tried to remove and refit the stem several times to no avail. Any clue?

Also, the rotor moves freely in one direction and less in another, it kind seems that it's engaging the winding directly.

Edited by chriz74

Sounds like you have dislodged the setting lever.

Unfortunately the solution to this requires removing the dial... which is just one reason why it's not a good idea to glue them on. Assuming this is a calendar movement you will also likely have to remove the date wheel. Watch out for the springs!

The rotor will feel slightly stiff in one direction and free in the other as most of these chinese movements only wind in one direction. As long as the rotor winds the watch under its own weight in one direction then this is normal.

11 hours ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Unfortunately the solution to this requires removing the dial... which is just one reason why it's not a good idea to glue them on. Assuming this is a calendar movement you will also likely have to remove the date wheel. Watch out for the springs!

The rotor will feel slightly stiff in one direction and free in the other as most of these chinese movements only wind in one direction. As long as the rotor winds the watch under its own weight in one direction then this is normal.

I detached the dial, a tiny screw fell off from under it. 

Edcqck9.jpg?2

For me putting the hacking lever back in the correct position was a bit hard. As i remember there is enough room to put it back in the wrong order. I had to understand how it works and then it was all clear how to reassemble. 

The movement is meant to be simple so the plate holding the hacking lever has multiple roles.

You should also reassemble the setting mechanism with the stem in place.

Keep trying! ;)

Edited by szbalogh

Ouff .... could you tell me why you want to stick pieces in a watch? No part of a watch should be glued. Follow the recommendations of other members who know the watches will help you. Never stick pieces in a watch. Even Chinese .

1 hour ago, SeikoWatch said:
Ouff .... could you tell me why you want to stick pieces in a watch? No part of a watch should be glued. Follow the recommendations of other members who know the watches will help you. Never stick pieces in a watch. Even Chinese .

the dial doesn't have feet, that's why. However I think I will throw this in the thrash

Superglue has no place inside a watch. [emoji45]

Dial dots if you really need to affix a dial.

Sent from my Honor 5c

the dial doesn't have feet, that's why. However I think I will throw this in the thrash

As i suggested above, this is what you should use to fix the dial in place.

http://www.esslinger.com/watch-repair-parts-watch-dial-adhesives-pkg-of-100/

Sent from my Honor 5c

No need to trash it mate, time to learn, this I the fun bit, you now have completely strip it down, carefully inspecting every area a you need to find where that screw Came from (if it even belongs in this movement ) as there's no quality control in those chinese factory's that screw may of dropped in whilst being made.

Anyway go careful and you will eventually find what has gone wrong and why, I have worked on loads of these movements and although all is ted as a dg 2813 they have mostly all been different with each one throwing up its own unique challenges. Or you could just junk it and buy another for under £30 but then you won't be learning for the future.

Keep asking the questions asking we are here to help you ok

11 hours ago, chriz74 said:

oh i see but,... no need to trash  the watch,, the missing feet can be replaced and some new feet can be soldered.... ;)  Good luck

Here we have some experts that they can help you how to do ( Sorry i have a bad english ) .

On 12/04/2017 at 11:33 PM, StuartBaker104 said:

So I disassembled the part, does anyone sees where the hacking lever is? What should be done here?

movimento.thumb.jpg.1759aac8f5cf81ddf3285fb92a4f6bc3.jpg

Well done so far mate, but as a previous member said, the hacking lever is actually on the train side of the movement, you will have to reassemble the calender side and go in from the other side. It is actuated from the setting levers where you are at the moment but it is actually a small thin ( hairspring thin ) bit of metal that almost looks like a bridle on an auto mainspring. It is located on a post and one end is pushed by a setting lever whilst the other then in turn touches the balance wheel and stops it swinging.

Keep going ok and keep asking questions

You are suggesting that I need to remove the back plate again? it was a nightmare to fit it back in.

Where is this lever in the picture? I don't see any lever, I think maybe in this movement the hacking lever is on the other side. I will take another picture.

IMG_1927.JPG

Edited by chriz74

7 minutes ago, szbalogh said:

In this movement the 4th wheel is touched by the stopping lever.

IMG_1927.JPG.c92428873b9804420bba0aa914f8f5f1.thumb.JPG.339f445619a0f182bb14a6399320c364.JPG

I see, well, what am I supposed to do with that? It seems to me that part is not movable and should be this on the other side:

dsds.jpg.978dd8a8749030cc28c589618f66f8e2.jpg

In all the time I've been working on these movements I have not come across anything I'm afraid, they are all similar but again all have small differences. I apologise for possibly sending you a bum steer on the eher the hacking lever was located, I haven't come across one that hacks from the stem area, only from the train side as I said.

Spring found and refitted (I think it was the hacking lever/spring). Hacking now works but still there's something that is not working correctly. There should be three positions, unscrewed nothing should happen, mid position should wind the watch and all the way out hacks the second hand and you can set the hours/minutes had. What happens the movmt winds when all the way in and nothing happens in mid position.