Pass or play

On my recent searchings I came across this potential bargain. I know the brand, (no, not the Geneva, but to it's right) and it isn't as popular here in US as in Europe. I did some extensive searching and found what I thought to be a 'match', apparently someone else has discovered this too, because a bid shot up overnight. Because this brand is also faked, I run the risk of being disappointed. There is not enough of a good resolution to make positive ID. (cant' see crown or back). Question here is, what is max $ you would throw at this?, on the oft chance that it is the real McCoy. It's not on the bay and current offer is $80 usd. Of course that would include the rest of the junk pictured! :biggrin:

8575489610344ag.jpg.d1e700985cbadaf51c879f216bdba14e.jpg

36 minutes ago, WileyDave said:

Because this brand is also faked, I run the risk of being disappointed. There is not enough of a good resolution to make positive ID

That's the key to it isn't it you don't know enough to take an informed gamble as you say its a widely faked brand I would leave it to others on this to take a possible costly sting on the off chance they can make a bit of money off the back of a charity organisation, and make a mockery of the word goodwill, and that's what some people bidding on this are likely to be thinking how many notes do I drop on this in the hope of making X amount in return.

Don't get me wrong I love a bargain from charity shops I am a bit of a skinflint when it comes to shopping every pair of jeans I own has been bought at charity shops, if you need a Corum (if indeed that's what it turns out to be) in your life then go for it but only to the amount you are prepared to lose on it don't get carried away.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wls1971 said:

That's the key to it isn't it you don't know enough to take an informed gamble as you say its a widely faked brand I would leave it to others on this to take a possible costly sting on the off chance they can make a bit of money off the back of a charity organisation, and make a mockery of the word goodwill, and that's what some people bidding on this are likely to be thinking how many notes do I drop on this in the hope of making X amount in return.

Don't get me wrong I love a bargain from charity shops I am a bit of a skinflint when it comes to shopping every pair of jeans I own has been bought at charity shops, if you need a Corum (if indeed that's what it turns out to be) in your life then go for it but only to the amount you are prepared to lose on it don't get carried away.

Thanks, I'm more that a skinflint, I squeak when I walk! You have sound words.

8 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

I'd pass.

J

That's all I need.