How the heck do you get rid of dust on crystal (inside)

Please tell me, how can you effectively remove the dust particle completely? I found that it's almost impossible, I used air, clothes that should attract dust bla bla but there's always some micro particle saying hello from there. What is the spell??

Clean Rodico can be used, but it also leaves a very light smear. I create a very thin cone of it, and then dab the final pieces of dust.

Can sometimes use pure water (plus a blower to get rid of beads of water when drying).

3 hours ago, chriz74 said:

I cleaned it with water but if you dry it with a dryer water will leave shrouds

Clean with water, blow what water you can off, dry it, then with a cotton rag rub over it to remove any water stains. You can buy microfibre cloths and other expensive ones but a bit of clean cotton shirt will work just as well for removing water stains. Any bits of dust that do appear off cloth will then blow straight off.

If it's glass, I use isopropyl alcohol with a glass cleaning microfibre to remove grease/dirt.
Then I spritz with distilled water to collect any leftover fibres, blow dry with a compressed air can to remove majority of water then finish off with hairdryer.

Sent from my Honor 5c

What I find useful, are a set of fine brushes I bought in the poundshop--the sets women use for doing nail painting, included in this set is a very fine fan shaped one just about right for crystal inner surface combined with an air-blower bulb, about £3 from ebay to do the dial and crystal/case before refitting. Since Ive had these, not had any issues with fibres or specks in/on the dial/crystal

Watch tools dont need to cost the earth, just as well--I'm a mega-cheapskate!

Edited by Alastair

1 hour ago, Alastair said:

What I find useful, are a set of fine brushes I bought in the poundshop--the sets women use for doing nail painting, included in this set is a very fine fan shaped one just about right for crystal inner surface combined with an air-blower bulb, about £3 from ebay to do the dial and crystal/case before refitting. Since Ive had these, not had any issues with fibres or specks in/on the dial/crystal

Watch tools dont need to cost the earth, just as well--I'm a mega-cheapskate!

Can you post pictures?

I was being driven to despair by one case with acrylic glass - just couldn't get rid of the last bits of dust.

Then I found this device on ebay - sold as a camera sensor cleaner (a couple of £ from China).

It's basically a bit of solid silicone on a stick. You dab at the bits of dust and it doesn't leave any marks

20170409_182533.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Neileg said:

I use lens wipes to clean crystals. Very convenient and better than any other fabric/liquid combination.

i've not had a problem with dust but cat hairs are a different matter!

Neil

But make sure the wipes don't contain isopropanol if it's an acrylic crystal.

4 hours ago, mikepilk said:

But make sure the wipes don't contain isopropanol if it's an acrylic crystal.

Mmm...

The ones I use are for spectacles. So far as my research shows in the UK at least, all contain denatured alcohol and water. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Neil 

I have a box of Zeiss lens wipes next to me here - says on the back isopropanol and ethanol.

IPA causes micro cracks and makes it go misty - I discovered that the hard way.

I just looked it up, and it seems that ethyl alcohol is ok with acrylic. It just depends what the 'denatured alcohol' is.

Mike