Hi from Northants!

Hi, I'm Jason. A 40 something IT Security /  Cryptography expert working for a large UK Bank. I'm happily married with two cats. 

Hobbies include my kit-car, my engineering 'workshop' (A shed in the garden which I hope to at some point in the near future start building clocks in), reading large quantities of sci-if, scuba diving (see video) and supporting my local Rugby Union team (come on you Saints!) and following F1. I've also just got a 3D printer, which is great fun (when it works!)

Oh, and of course watches and clocks. I've been steadily acquiring tools so I can start learn the dark arts of Watch repair. 

Cheers,

Jason

Welcome Jason there's no such thing as the dark arts and mysticism here you want to know something you ask and your answered no question too small no matter how stupid you may think it is everyone has to learn and this is one of the biggest classrooms on the net when it comes to all things horological.

Have fun 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dadistic said:

Greetings!

I see you are getting ready for a "deep dive" into watchmaking :)

Hey there !!

Kinda sorta. About a year ago I overhauled a Seiko 7S36, self-teaching myself with info on the web, including WRT.

It turned out well & was a lot of fun, too. This Seiko 6347 I'm working on now needs some TLC, & I just want to be sure I get it right. I think it's the only total mechanical moon phase Seiko ever made, with other styles, of course. Seems to be an oddball, as well. I really like it.

When will you be making the "Deep Dive" ?

Cheers !!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jason and Welcome,

Sure you will find a good home here.

The garden shed is a thought I toyed with but started overcomplicating it by planning insulation and lining as well as looking into temperature control and consumer unit and other things, may get back to it, perhaps!!  A few members have mentioned 3D printing, sounds fascinating, any good for the new pound coins ;)

Cheers,

Vic