Greetings from Norfolk!

egs92

Hi all,

I'm Eddie, 24 years old and relatively new to watchmaking. Succinctly, I have aspirations of attending watchmaking school, and am generally here to begin learning new skills, and thus strengthen any application I make to a school in the future.

To date, my only experience lies with the assembly and disassembly of a Seagull ST36 (of which I confess I am struggling with the cannon pinion).

I immensley appreciate the content Mark Lovick produces for people such as myself, and look forward to speaking with other enthusiasts on the forum.

Kind regards,

Eddie

Hello, here you are just starting out on a very interesting profession and I wish you all the best. Me I've had my time and I'm retired. You will never stop learning there will always be something new. This is a very friendly forum and it has an abundance of info and many on here like to help. Photos are a great help if you can provide them with any problems you have with movements. We also have a section for those interested in clocks.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Eddie, I was where you are now a few years ago, its a very rewarding career, but can also be very unforgiving.  Take your time, learn as much as you can, and don't ever get yourself stressed, slowly slowly.

• Like 1

Hello Eddie,
Welcome to the forum. I have no aspirations regarding watch repair as a profession but like some others here,I love to tinker.
I was attracted here by Marks videos and his advice helped me to bring a treasured watch back to life and so I became hooked.
Watch Making is a whole new ball game requiring a knowledge of turning your own parts not just buying them which the School will no doubt train you in. It sounds quite exciting but beyond me as another oldish guy retired etc. I am happy pulling them apart and servicing. I wish you well for the future.
Cheers,
Vic