orient cal.1946 help

Morning guys, I've been trying to source any info on the orient cal.1946 21 jewel auto movement. Ive been unsuccessful over on watchuseek forum where they have a dedicated ( but quite possibly a very cliquey ) orient forum. 

They only seem interested in "what mako are you wearing today" threads etc and not actually helping out. That's my opinion formedover the last two weeks.

Anyway,  I will be in the process of stripping and cleaning said movement soon, now I notice the day date doesn't quick set, I have tried pushing the stem/crown in aka seiko, but it does nothing part from operate a lever that protrudes out of the movement around the 2 o'clock position.  The day/date will change when hands are rotated but that's it.

I've looked on the bay for a spare movement that I could look at but they all seem to have a pusher on the case for quick setting the day/date, my particular one has not got a pusher.

Is there any specific nuances this particular movement that I need to know before I start?

Any info greatly appreciated especially from anyone that's worked on one of these before.

Dammit I don't have one sitting around, ohwell not to worry.

I've worked out the quick set for the day, wind on till day changes then carry on till say around 2 o'clock then reverse the hands then go forward again till around 2 o'clock and the day changes, continue doing this till desired day is displayed.

But I can't find anyway of quick setting the date, any one got any ideas on this one

If that is the seahorse type movement you can wait till the date changes at 12 then move the hour hand back to 9 you may get a slight click then wind forward past 12 again and keep repeating. My Glycine works that way as well.
Cheers,
Vic

On 03/04/2017 at 7:14 PM, transporter said:

Dammit I don't have one sitting around, ohwell not to worry.

I've worked out the quick set for the day, wind on till day changes then carry on till say around 2 o'clock then reverse the hands then go forward again till around 2 o'clock and the day changes, continue doing this till desired day is displayed.

But I can't find anyway of quick setting the date, any one got any ideas on this one

Sorry transporter,

I thought that my suggestion was different from what you had advised but if both methods produce the same result I guess its back to the drawing board

On 09/04/2017 at 8:03 PM, Vich said:

If that is the seahorse type movement you can wait till the date changes at 12 then move the hour hand back to 9 you may get a slight click then wind forward past 12 again and keep repeating. My Glycine works that way as well.
Cheers,
Vic

Cheers,

Vic

• 2 years later...