Ive got a broken screw thread in a brass plate of ESA 9210

Ive a screw thread broken off in a brass plate prob caused by a mix of corrosion due to a batt leak and ham-fistedness then breaking it off just below the face of the plate.
--Ive just aquired this watch--havent yet received it, but the above is pretty obvious from the picture Look just below the batt recess, the stump of the screw in the plate-

What would be the best way to remove this without any damage to the brass?

ESA 9210.jpg

Aye--A Speedsonic with a nice blue dial....

I saw this one and succumbed to its charms. Its the cheapest I'd ever seen--and pretty obvious why!....
--What have I let myself in for I wonder......

Ive done many dozens of Accutrons and the ESA 9162 types now, I thought I should finally get a Chronograph tuning-fork.

I'm hoping I can remove the main plate, 100 from the chrono sections without dismantling those parts, although with the heavy evidence of corrosion/contamination the chrono sections may well be badly affected too. We'll see. Difficult to see exactly what/how the corrosion happened, the dial is immaculate, so prob someone used a zinc-air in it...

Alum, Hmm--should be able to source some of that fairly easily, Stripping that plate out of the movement and all other steel parts is prob going to be considerably harder.

• 7 years later...