Forsining

digginstony

I was given this £20 automatic and was going to scrap it for any useful parts. Didn't look good on the timegrapher 836c9ac434275604545df232ef405b8d.jpg

But lets just demagnetize it. Glad I did

6a2627bdd9db78e55f776fab187e5f1a.jpg

Think I'll keep it.

It had a centre second hand and sub second???

So I removed the centre second

9d67584cc79a4809f4311f3f377d2f93.jpg

ae2e6b837e028105e0744f13e39c0002.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The movement doesn't even hack. I've no idea why it would have 2 second hands.

Because the engineer had the idea of making a single movement where you fit a wheel or the other according to the need.
And then the maker had the idea of fitting both to make it look as it a complication in the hope of selling more.
  • Like 1

Because the engineer had the idea of making a single movement where you fit a wheel or the other according to the need.
And then the maker had the idea of fitting both to make it look as it a complication in the hope of selling more.

Got it now[emoji5]

What is the movement?

I had another look at the movement incase I missed something. Can't see any identification. Have posted pics incase it can be recognised. Tried to take rotor off assuming it was centre screw but it didn't want to shift even with gentle prising. Don't think the 2 side screws will lift the rotor out, more like the bearing will fall off inside the movement! Think it's a matter of taking the bridge off and see what's going on.
The watch has puzzled me, particularly the Timegrapher. Thought that first reading was more relevant to a loose stone or possibly the pallet stone was going too deep into the escapement wheel? Or something was touching. Can't see the relevance to magnetism?
Believe@Jdm explanation as a superfluous marketing gimmick to sell more is correct. Can't see it working, looks awful with 2 second hands in my view. I couldn't work out any functional reasons for 2 hands.
Not expecting any surprises. The manufacturer has probably extended the pivot on the 3rd wheel to allow for a sub second.
The movement, to me, looks cheap Chinese and Forsining (Who ever they are) have adapted a dial to the movement. 6ed4846ec69649d9fffc1728530c1d0f.jpg
788add5d08fb15a3b57b0ef567a7d90c.jpg

• Like 1

It's the same as on my "fngeen"s (try saying that if you dare)

94539074478310.jpg

The watches themselves aren't ugly and I even sold one for 30 bucks :biggrin:. The others go for gifts anyway

94539074446976.jpg

I didn't took pics on the timegrapher... just the memory of that is enough :biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, digginstony said:

I had another look at the movement incase I missed something. Can't see any identification. Have posted pics incase it can be recognised. Tried to take rotor off assuming it was centre screw but it didn't want to shift even with gentle prising. Don't think the 2 side screws will lift the rotor out, more like the bearing will fall off inside the movement! Think it's a matter of taking the bridge off and see what's going on.
The watch has puzzled me, particularly the Timegrapher. Thought that first reading was more relevant to a loose stone or possibly the pallet stone was going too deep into the escapement wheel? Or something was touching. Can't see the relevance to magnetism?
Believe@Jdm explanation as a superfluous marketing gimmick to sell more is correct. Can't see it working, looks awful with 2 second hands in my view. I couldn't work out any functional reasons for 2 hands.
Not expecting any surprises. The manufacturer has probably extended the pivot on the 3rd wheel to allow for a sub second.
The movement, to me, looks cheap Chinese and Forsining (Who ever they are) have adapted a dial to the movement.

Yes it is cheap chinese standard movement with some complications.

The rotor weight has a center screw, it should come out. But You can also go with the two small screws, the bearing wont fall out. The weight is usually to light to be efficient. 

The interesting part would be the sub-second function, how they did it. I have not seen such complication on this type of movement yet. But according the pictures it must be a simple extension of the second wheel. 

The rotor weight has a center screw, it should come out. But You can also go with the two small screws, the bearing wont fall out. The weight is usually to light to be efficient. 
The interesting part would be the sub-second function, how they did it. I have not seen such complication on this type of movement yet. But according the pictures it must be a simple extension of the second wheel. 

I've got a few things more pressing at the moment but I will take the movement apart and post some pictures.
The rotor seems to sit directly on top of a raised part of the bridge. I'll undo the centre screw again and give it a tug. If not I'll take the bridge and rotor off complete and have a look.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Yep you were right. It's the 2 small screws that hold the rotor on.
It has a standard extention on the centre second hand.
And an extension on the 4th wheel. Of course the 4th wheel why did I say 3rd? Every sub second watch I've come across is the 4th wheel !
513d3d3048409debc1cef5c951ec4d52.jpg4e92250165caf6a7210127bd51394ce3.jpg1c1fe98e1dee7c8e93698893a86226c5.jpgefe31faafa7a1dec003242c1bea3e8df.jpg

After forgetting this was an auto and wondering what all the extra jewel and holes were for ! Have put the rotor back on. Very fiddly job having to line up reduction gears to there respective jewels and fit the bridge and rotor. Have posted some pics incase of any interest a198e1e2f379b6453a793e4a63ff90b0.jpgc48e3ba5d8d40f313e233781f870fc18.jpg2b3b5a59734f2bad1880363c65b49691.jpg6bf5b5e230dd8670681f81282d70f146.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, digginstony said:

After forgetting this was an auto and wondering what all the extra jewel and holes were for ! Have put the rotor back on. Very fiddly job having to line up reduction gears to there respective jewels and fit the bridge and rotor. Have posted some pics incase of any interest

9 of 10 of these watches had non-efficient winding mechanism. The weight is to small. But they are a cheap enough to practice with :)

9 of 10 of these watches had non-efficient winding mechanism. The weight is to small. But they are a cheap enough to practice with [emoji4]

Yep most of my work has been on pocket watches. Seiko was a good inroads for me. Ebay and the problem with any old movement's, so much has already been "Played " with. I find old manual wind Accurists with Swiss movements can be very nice.