Valjoux 7733 chronograph hand slipping?

Have a Dugena chrono with valjoux 7733 movement. Have tried to adjust the chrono hand but it keep slipping back to the same position? Which is a second over 12. Very frustrating.  Has  the valjoux chronograph wheel the same system as the seiko 6138/39  a groove or what i should call it? In the pivot. Tips what to do . Can it be adjusted inside the movement? Or maybe there is something else that is wrong? 

Or should i look for a new chrono hand maybe as this is pretty far down the pivot. Maybe can i try loctite? Has anyone tested that? Have try to tighten it but it's the same after a few pushes on the pushers. 

A 7750 chronograph hand will that work on a 7733? Can't seam to find any 7733 on Ebay? Don't now where else to look? Tips appreciated :) 

I would firstly try to tighten the hand, DO NOT USE LOCTITE, if the loctite runs down the pivot it will stop the watch and cause no end of problems if it gets stuck in the pipe.

If you can measure the diameter of the pivot I am sure a replacement will be available but may look different.

I use a tool for collets to tighten hands but have used a worn pair of cheap cutters that have had bits chipped out of the blades cutting stems. I found if you can use one of the little notches in the damaged blade it works well and stops you nipping it too much and squashing the hands pipe too much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clockboy said:

If it is the same method as the 7750 you have to keep the pusher in when fitting the hand. This is best achieved by using a dedicated movement holder such as these.

58ce33dd23c11_ScreenShot2017-03-19at07_31_16.png.3224ae3907378a74d2585886bfbf7bb8.png

Have a movement holder. Had the hand in the right position but it only worked a couple of times then it was back in the 2 seconds after 12 again. So i guess it's to large hole? 

11 hours ago, Tiktok said:

I would firstly try to tighten the hand, DO NOT USE LOCTITE, if the loctite runs down the pivot it will stop the watch and cause no end of problems if it gets stuck in the pipe.

If you can measure the diameter of the pivot I am sure a replacement will be available but may look different.

I use a tool for collets to tighten hands but have used a worn pair of cheap cutters that have had bits chipped out of the blades cutting stems. I found if you can use one of the little notches in the damaged blade it works well and stops you nipping it too much and squashing the hands pipe too much.

Not going to use loctite :) . Only asking? Guess it could travel down and locking up the mechanism totally?