Timex Stem & Crown

Hi All 

Not long ago I was given and old Timex that belonged to my grandfather. It came to me as pictured and I haven't had the time to look at it since, I know very little about Timex watches and I am not even sure what model or what year it was manufactured in. Its missing its stem/crown, so I would like to identifying a suitable replacement. 

I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this watch or even point me in the right direction so that I can find out if the old thing will still tick over and hopefully put it back into daily use.  

Many Thanks in Advance 

DSC_1689.thumb.JPG.99943fa71650d7ddeb2b2c254534a6e0.JPG58cd3a257c059_DSC_1686(2).thumb.JPG.0bbf4fb4b938367b6dac05539b0f3d31.JPG

I have looked at this watch several times today and completely missed the numbers below the 6 o'clock marker. Only after looking at it through the eyeglass did I have the 'aghhh' moment. :unsure: Obviously not looking close enough. 

The numbers read 26761 2573 

The first 5 digits relate to the model number, the next 2 the movement and the last 2 the date of manufacture (1973).

The movements were not intended to be serviced and parts are virtually unobtainable, but if you'd asked last week, you could have bougt this for it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-TIMEX-Replacement-Watch-Movement-M-25-In-Original-Container-/381990989165?hash=item58f06fed6d:g:HMcAAOSwopRYkkwH

If you want to get it going then I suggest either looking out for a donor with a stem, or fitting a Chinese movement.

Stuart Baker is correct, the catalog number is 26761, It's a Marlin (water resistant) calendar model. A #25 hand wind movement, and the year is 1973. 

It uses a one piece crown and stem, I'll check and see which one when I get home this evening. It might be available, it's possible that I even have it myself.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks David, Vinn and Stuart 

I now have the model, date and a service manual for the movement. 

Just need to source the Stem/crown and get it serviced, something I might attempt myself as I need to start somewhere....

Cheers for the quick responses !

I think I've located the crown & stem that you need. Since yours is a UK model, I don't have an exact reference, but I believe that I have found its American cousin, 26760. As far as I can tell the cases are the same. 

The Timex part number is 025-060054

The crown and stem can be found in the material system 401/1 TX1K, listed as compartment 10.

I've attached some pictures, and if you want it just send me a PM and I'll mail one off to you. 

DSCF1619.JPG

DSCF1620.JPG

DSCF1621.JPG

• Like 3

The Crown and Stem turned up today, Many Thanks David, very much appreciated.

Like a child I took the part out and matched it up.

It fitted perfectly. However, It would would not stay in place.. after taking the cover plate off and looking through the loupe I spotted why I believe it was missing its crown and stem in the first place, and perhaps something I should have noticed before (rookie)

The Set Lever (pn:443) has been damaged and no longer retains the stem at all. 

So, I am looking for the part, once again.

On a positive note the watch is ticking over and keeping good time :-) #

DSC_1702.thumb.JPG.2b9a08a59288a5699e439b775a105f93.JPG

Yes, I removed the damaged set lever and then replaced the screw until such times as I can source the part. Only option I have so far is a donor movement on the 'Bay', and I am currently waiting for it too run its course.  

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2017 at 3:22 PM, dadistic said:

The crown and stem are on their way, I posted them Monday afternoon.  Let me know when they show up.

Have Fun!

Hi,

I was wondering if you had a stem and crown for a 1964 Marlin (gold case) model 20242464? Or know how i can get one. If they are 2 pieces, my watch has the stem but the crown is broken.

Thank you!

21 hours ago, wadsbrau said:

Hi,

I was wondering if you had a stem and crown for a 1964 Marlin (gold case) model 20242464? Or know how i can get one. If they are 2 pieces, my watch has the stem but the crown is broken.

Thank you!

I have it - 20242464 It is not a two piece split stem.  The case is a front loader-

49 minutes ago, JerseyMo said:

I have it - 20242464 It is not a two piece split stem.  The case is a front loader-

I meant 2 pieces as in seperate crown that screws onto the stem. But, Any idea how i could get one?.

thanks

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2017 at 4:43 PM, dadistic said:

I think I've located the crown & stem that you need. Since yours is a UK model, I don't have an exact reference, but I believe that I have found its American cousin, 26760. As far as I can tell the cases are the same. 

The Timex part number is 025-060054

The crown and stem can be found in the material system 401/1 TX1K, listed as compartment 10.

I've attached some pictures, and if you want it just send me a PM and I'll mail one off to you. 

DSCF1619.JPG

DSCF1620.JPG

DSCF1621.JPG

I have a mid to late 60's Marlin of my own and am in need of the single piece crown and stem to get it running properly again. Is there a site you recommend for trying to find them? Does't necessarily have to be OEM. Thanks in advance.