2892.a2 Dus deprazboi?

Hi all,

I've attached a picture of a movement that belongs to my Breitling a41360. It is a 2892.a2 with a chronograph module mounted. I believe these modules are made by Dubois depraz but I'm struggling to identify exactly which Dubois depraz module it is and how to obtain parts?

The chronograph module has 20000 8 engraved on the plate. Chrono seconds/minutes at 3/9 and date at 6. 

I need a new fourth wheel (if that's the name of the wheel that carries the second hand on the module) as the pinion has snapped for the centre seconds...

Any help to find out what chronograph module it is and if parts are available would be very very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David

IMG_1184.JPG

• clockboy changed the title to 2892.a2 Dus deprazboi?

I'm not sure that you will have an easy time getting parts as I believe it is DD's policy to exchange complete modules rather than supply parts to the trade, let alone private individuals. However, this is just what I have gathered to be their policy over time and I could be well wide of the mark; it will be interesting to see how you get on.

in the mean time have a look here;

http://watchguy.co.uk/service-omega-speedmaster-calibre-1140-dubois-depraz-3220-with-eta-2890-2/

Not the same ETA movement or DD module, but it is at least a glimpse into a DD module.

Hi Marc and Mark,

Thank you for the help. I'm awaiting a response from DD. I will check the part availability via the Omega caliber when I'm back at work. Definitely worth a shout.

Great job on the videos too Mark they are a huge help for everyone. A lot of people in the industry in Nottingham often use your videos as a point of reference. Thank you.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 3/17/2017 at 4:05 PM, Outlaw said:

Thank you both for offering your help :) I'll email Dubois Depraz and post the response here for everyone's reference if anyone has a similar enquiry in the future.

Thanks again,

David

I have the very same problem. The chrono module has been subjected to water ingress and has damaged at least 8 parts. If you manage to get a chrono module or parts please let me know and thank you for posting. 

4 hours ago, Colditz said:

Thanks JDM. Next time I'll wear my glasses so I can see the date. 🙂

Just wanted to help you get the right expectations about an answer, and let you know that unlike PMs, a member don't get an email when referenced in discussions.

On 4/16/2022 at 4:06 AM, Colditz said:

I have the very same problem. The chrono module has been subjected to water ingress and has damaged at least 8 parts. If you manage to get a chrono module or parts please let me know and thank you for posting. 

Are we talking about the exact same watch with the exact same chronograph module?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 12:51 PM, JohnR725 said:

I can't remember the original request are you seeking parts or do you need documentation?

I am seeking parts John or a replacement module. The one in the watch has a lot of corroded parts that are not retrievable. Any help would be most appreciated.