Elgin Waltham Cross Reference

Hi

Using pocketwatchdatabase.com It is pretty easy to cross reference parts for Elgin watches. Are parts interchangeable between different watchmakers? (IE: Elgin - Waltham , Elgin - Illinois, Waltham - Illinois Etc). Would this manual help?  "Swigart Illustrated Manual of American Watch Movements".  

Anthony

American pocket watch companies primarily made all of their components themselves. This means that as far as I know nothing interchanges with other companies. Even their screws they made themselves the thread sizes are all different.

American pocket watch companies primarily made all of their components themselves. This means that as far as I know nothing interchanges with other companies. Even their screws they made themselves the thread sizes are all different.

That figures, thanks for reply

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:24 AM, adiorio110 said:

Hi

Using pocketwatchdatabase.com It is pretty easy to cross reference parts for Elgin watches. Are parts interchangeable between different watchmakers? (IE: Elgin - Waltham , Elgin - Illinois, Waltham - Illinois Etc). Would this manual help?  "Swigart Illustrated Manual of American Watch Movements".  

Anthony

Anthony buy it you won't regret it..... it's a ace book

• Like 1