Greetings from Geordieland

Neileg

For those who don't know, people from the North East of England, especially Newcastle upon Tyne, are known as Geordies, hence Geordieland.

I'm Neil. During the day I look after 40,000 streetlights, at night I'm a bit of a watch rescuer. I like to take old, broken or damaged wristwatches and bring them back to life. I tend towards quartz timepieces as my fingers aren't as great as they once were. I have a soft spot for last gasp quartz models, produced by makers as an attempt to stay afloat in the quartz wars like Marvin or Sewells.

I have my own collection, some I've rescued like a Tag Heuer Professional 2000 that was assembled as a bitza, some I've bought and cherished over the years like my Rolex Air King. I keep trying Omegas but I just can't love them. I sold my immaculate gold Constellation pie pan auto and I can feel my bedraggled SS Geneve auto may appear on Fleabay soon. I also bought a MVMT - still can't decide if it's a nice watch or a cynical marketing exercise.

I love reading the stories as you battle against the devils of horology or just learning the basis. Keep it up!

Cheers, Neil

Hi, Neil!

Glad you clarified the Geordieland thing. For a moment I thought you might have been on the SS Enterprise with Geordi La Forge... :D

What an interesting day job, looking after 40,000 streetlights!  Of course I'm sure your night job is more interesting.  You've come to the right place for that.  You'll love this forum.  I know I do!

Welcome!

Shirley

• 1 month later...

Hello Neil and a belated welcome from me,

Bit wounded by what you said about Omegas but you might still be suffering the effects of being oot on the toon :D.

It would be a pretty boring forum if we all liked the same stuff though so I hope you enjoy it here.

Cheers,

Vic