New Car Day

Congratulations on your new car, Brian.  It's a beauty!  I'm not all that knowledgeable about cars, so I can't discuss the merits of your new baby properly.  But in my ignorance, I am happy for you anyway.

I gave my nephew my 1998 Honda Civic and bought a 2016 Toyota Corolla last year, and I was pretty doggone excited about it.  However, my excitement came from knowing I could get in the car and drive across Texas (around 1000 miles) with no worries about breaking down and for less gas money than you would probably spend on an oil change for your new Carrera.  It has cruise control, a good radio and plenty of trunk space.  That and the gas mileage are all that I require of it.  The Bluetooth was a bonus I never thought about, but one that has come in handy.  But then, I am a retired grandmother, so I see things through different spectacles... bifocal spectacles... and a loupe.

The bottom line is, congratulations!

Shirley:thumbsu:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sperki77 said:

Congratulations on your new car, Brian.  It's a beauty!  I'm not all that knowledgeable about cars, so I can't discuss the merits of your new baby properly.  But in my ignorance, I am happy for you anyway.

I gave my nephew my 1998 Honda Civic and bought a 2016 Toyota Corolla last year, and I was pretty doggone excited about it.  However, my excitement came from knowing I could get in the car and drive across Texas (around 1000 miles) with no worries about breaking down and for less gas money than you would probably spend on an oil change for your new Carrera.  It has cruise control, a good radio and plenty of trunk space.  That and the gas mileage are all that I require of it.  The Bluetooth was a bonus I never thought about, but one that has come in handy.  But then, I am a retired grandmother, so I see things through different spectacles... bifocal spectacles... and a loupe.

The bottom line is, congratulations!

Shirley:thumbsu:

Thanks Shirley, good choice on the Corolla, great cars, used to have a Toyota, one of the most reliable I've ever owned, enjoy.

• Like 1