BULOVA 10bh new balance staff problem

I just replaced the balance staff on a BULOVA 10bh and used a genuine BULOVA staff from a 7ak which is a acceptable interchange. I replaced the staff and put it back in, balance swings well but there is only a very faint tick, I'm thinking I put the roller on in the wrong place, possibly off center. Does anyone have any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does your impulse jewel rest centrally between the banking pins of the pallet fork when the watch is at rest the best way to check is to remove the pallet fork replace the balance and check. Mark has a video on the subject.

• Like 2

Does your impulse jewel rest centrally between the banking pins of the pallet fork when the watch is at rest the best way to check is to remove the pallet fork replace the balance and check. Mark has a video on the subject.

A long time before I decided to embarked on this wonderful hobby I used to watch your videos on you tube and was always impressed by your presentation style. I am a mechanical engineer by trade and wish I had similar, impeccable presentation skills. I appreciate the clarity or your explanations and your easy to listen to mannerisms. Thank you Mark. By the way is that a slight London accent buried away in your tone? Regards Deggsy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk