Felsa 4007n

Hi

I've got a nice Allaine watch with a Felsa 4007n movement. The watch runs well in 4 positions, amplitude a bit low so I'm checking the train and mainspring, but beat error is 0.2 or less and time consistent  within a couple secs -/+. However to achieve this the regulator is completely over on the + side - hopefully you can see on the photos. What would cause this, incorrect replacement haispring perhaps? As I said it does run well and consistently, but I like to do as good a job as I can and this doesn't look right. Thanks

Stephen

20170226_145226.thumb.jpg.1614216057c407dde5a9d798b0d85730.jpg

20170226_145311.thumb.jpg.f94e058b5b049a2ed07c14166d1d73b0.jpg

Yes, I tried that, it just loses time and then goes completely haywire. What's puzzling is the fact that it is working perfectly when the regulator is adjusted to this extreme position. That's why I wondered if it could have had the hairspring replaced, but I don't know if a watch would work that well if that was the case.

From the second photo, it looks as if the hairspring's out of shape. The terminal curve looks all wrong, and the gaps between the coils look are uneven.  If so, I'd be more than happy if the watch is running well in any position... :)

I re-built a 4007N in a MuDu a little while ago, one of my first attempts. Looking back at photos of the completed movement, the regulator was in pretty much the same place as yours but the regulator pins were only about halfway along the terminal curve. I think maybe your hairspring is wrong/damaged, but I'm just a beginner so let's wait for some second opinions..!