hello to all from nth queensland Australia

phuckaduck

Hi all, not to flash at this typing so please forgive the errors.

I have only just joined as it was a while sorting out the screens and what iwas to follow,lucky enough to find this joy of pulling fine mechanical machines apart and then testing the mind for memory ,being able to get it together again. Currently we are receiving our quota of rain for the year,the floating water tanks are dropping plenty of water , so far for feb we have had 763 mls ofrain.

I stumbled on the videos on you tube, just opened up my mind . Pulled my old seiko apart the hard way, but i will learn.

I bought it 33 years ago, can't say what model it is but close to the one mark strips down and rebuilds, has an orange face though.

Hoping to meet good people who are like minded, share knowledge, and put abeginner on the right track befor bad habits form.

I can only join now and then as i live in the bush and do not have coverage for mobile phone or computer, usually come out for 3 days every 2 or 3 weeks .  

Will be heading back up to cooktown on Friday.

Bye for now 

Hi old hippy ,how are you thanks for that information. I have been surfing ebay looking for various tools as the screw drivers i bought at the local hobby shop be the only place to stock any tiny are still to large . Have ground them down to fit but still not the best for a good square edge. Picked up amagnifying light that helps heaps , though still need a good loupe.

Toying with the ones the dentist and doctors use attach to the glasses . Has any one tried these and liked them or are they rubbish.

Who is best to try for tools and gear or just stick it withh ebay . 

Was up to 2.00 am trying sort out my paypal , Computer savvy ,,,,,,,not hereI am still figuring out the damn flip phone ,

Iam even putting this chat in the right box topic, bye for now and thanks

Hello PD
Although I am not advertising for them the Bergeon screwdrivers are good but expensive. I bought them one at a time as the need cropped up.
You can however, buy the copies or clones if you like,from the bay or red rooster, Anchor or the like and just purchase the Bergeon replacement blades and stick them in the clone drivers to save some cash.
Most members will agree that you need good drivers and tweezers. My lamp oil is getting a bit low so I have numerous magnifying devices including the headgear type, these are essential for me.
New tools are like new toys for the likes of myself.
With reference to your amusing handle, cling film may be a necessary purchase. However, a name or pseudonym may spare some blushes for the faint hearted [emoji6]
Welcome to the forum.
Cheers,
Vic

• Like 1