practical watch repair by Donald de Carle

Guys, does anyone know if all the different books titled "Practical watch repair" by Donald De Carle are the same book just reprinted? Only asking as ive seen on amazon that it's going for £5 used, fine for me I love a bargain, but also there is about 5 others all of the same title but newer prints and different covers, these range from £125 downwards, so was wondering if my bargain £5 used book is just a well thumbed ex library book which is still useful, but not nice and shiney with a new dust cover?

I dont know all the diffrences between the editions but the later ones include a section on Bulova accutrons and more modern timing machines which where not available when the book was originaly printed in 1946 so later editions are more useful, if your a book collector a first edition in mint condition at £125.00 is probably what you would want as someone who wants to learn about watch repair the later editions are more useful and a snip at £5.00

You can get the latest edition for a lot less than £125, as far as I'm aware they are still printing it, but for £5 you can't go wrong.

You will find some section of the book is out dated, but a lot of it is still very useful.

On 14/02/2017 at 1:42 PM, chadders1966 said:

You can buy a new copy of a relatively recent edition, probably a reprint, for less than £15 so unless you are a collector there is no need to pay more than that.

Stephen

Yes, i can second that, i bought a pre-owned copy a couple of months ago, the latest edition for around £15, and there were quite a few around at that price on both ebay and amazon