Tip on Aligning Roller Table Impulse Jewel when Staking

jdrichard

That's a rather risky way of moving the roller table JD, you run the high risk of breaking the jewel especially if the gable is slightly tight.  

I would suggest gripping the periphery of the table and turning it that way, or removing it completely and repositioning it before pressing back on.

• Like 1

That's a rather risky way of moving the roller table JD, you run the high risk of breaking the jewel especially if the gable is slightly tight.  
I would suggest gripping the periphery of the table and turning it that way, or removing it completely and repositioning it before pressing back on.

You need to make sure that the table is not staked down and is free moving. I was 150 percent careful. Btw, balance back and the watch runs like new. Swings about 400 deg one way. I am very pleased.

PS: Perhaps my technique is not for those with a more heavier touch:)b136915b20ebb2a4afd662a6de3ebce8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I felt I had to comment, just in case someone wasn't as careful as you while trying to rotate a table using the method described.

I'm well pleased it worked out well for you JD, it's a nice looking movement you've refurbished.  

• Like 1

I felt I had to comment, just in case someone wasn't as careful as you while trying to rotate a table using the method described.
I'm well pleased it worked out well for you JD, it's a nice looking movement you've refurbished.  

Thanks Geo. The watch as a real beauty. I'll need to sell some of these. Picked it up for 80US.66b29643e6eebd500b76f8efba26d6e9.jpg465ca87c9ce2c3a549b681e35551928d.jpgcc81f8a49c0b3d5fa33147733ce57ac2.jpg734d231a58e4ef200eba4d70be7b3819.jpga19e58267c73a9e0de3f0dfc19c0c0dc.jpg

• Like 1

This is around 260 deg amplitude [emoji6] It cant be over or close to 360 or overbanked.
Gorgeous watch there!

Actually I called a swing of 400 from the farthest points with one arm. Also referred to as a turn. I am trying not to use the term amplitude as it gets confusing on how it is measured.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Amplitude is the degrees of movement in one direction from the rest position. I always thought this was a good explanation.
http://www.timezonewatchschool.com/WatchSchool/Glossary/Glossary - Balance Assembly/Glossary/glossary.shtml

Thanks. So anything greater than 350deg may cause overbanking where the impulse jewel hits the side of the palate fork??

• Like 1

Not sure, I think the number of degrees may depend on the watch. And if I'm visualizing this correctly, it would be over 360deg to whack the other side of the fork. The fork doesn't lock at zero, if you consider the balance jewel at rest zero.

At least, I think so :)

• Like 1

Not sure, I think the number of degrees may depend on the watch. And if I'm visualizing this correctly, it would be over 360deg to whack the other side of the fork. The fork doesn't lock at zero, if you consider the balance jewel at rest zero.
At least, I think so [emoji4]

361 degrees