Hi From North Carolina

drifter

My name is Dave and I am in Wilmington, North Carolina. I began watchmaking in 1980 when I graduated from Wayne Community College Watchmaking Program. WOrked for a couple of local jewelry stores, then started my own business. I kind of retired around 1995 when quartz watches took over. Since then I've had other jobs, but still kept my hand in watch repair for myself and friends. I have a large collection of watches and I try to keep them running. I use an old L&R 3 jar cleaning machine and a digital timographer. Most of my hand tools are old but stilll quite functional. My tastes run from cheap Chinese watches to Rolex.

Dave

Hello and welcome Dave,

Good to have another experienced member from across the pond.  I am sure you will be interested by a lot of topics and will be able to contribute from your past experiences like OH says. Don't forget to search through for the old but interesting threads if something comes to mind.

Cheers,

Vic

Rumjungl, the course was 2 years. 18 months class/lab work and 6 months on the job training. I did my OTJ at Mills Jewelers here in Wilmington. 

I hope to find lots of info and interesting stories here and to help out and contribute where I can.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Dave.