Broadband Fiasco

Hello Folks,

just logged on fo a whinge, logging on from my iPad tethered to my phone because my broadband is down.

upgraded to fibre with talktalk and was due to go live with talktalk on 26 Jan.  However, there have been problems.  The broadband would not work and after about an hour on the chat line I was advised there was a fault on the line outside my house, this was checked by talktalk and verified by Openreach.  I was advised I would not need a home visit but two days later I was advised that an engineer would need access to the house.

The engineer arrived Saturday, a very personable and friendly chap who obviously knew what he was about and advised that there was nothing wrong with the line outside and they were probably working on a best guess scenario. To cut a long story short, he found that the brand new modem I had been sent was faulty which he proved by substituting another that he carried for testing purposes and it was delivering fast broadband in seconds from installation, he gave me the job number and went on his way.

onto chat again and eventually advised that a replacement modem had been sent out and I would get it in 3 days.

i got a text today that talktalk had "fixed" the problem, naturally I was curious how this had been managed, I had to text not fixed back to them if I still had a problem. They then texted me asking for me to call them from the home phone.

Onto the phone this time and had to go through the whole rigmarole even though I supplied the job number they still did not grasp that I was confused as to what the hell was going on. The operator eventually checked the record and triumphantly came back to advise me that she could confirm that the replacement modem had been sent.  She then seemed to assume I was complaining as I had not received it yet,which I was not.  The nub of the problem was the text saying they had fixed the problem which was untrue.  This however, seemed to be conveniently forgotten.

I hope and consider that I am a patient person but it's a good job I am baldy as I would have pulled all my hair out anyway.

End of whinge.

I have handed back a TW Steel watch I have successfully fixed to the owner today and hope to post the fix with pics soon but it will have to wait until I get back on line grrrr.

Cheers,

Vic

1 hour ago, dadistic said:

Lily Tomlin's "Ernestine" character from Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In. 

"one ringy dingy, (snort snort) two ringy dingy, gracious good afternoon, is this the party to whom I am speaking"

1 hour ago, Vich said:

Onto the phone this time and had to go through the whole rigmarole even though I supplied the job number they still did not grasp that I was confused as to what the hell was going on.

Sound like Comcast!

Believe me OH I was tempted.  I found that TT had an offer on their fibre for two years that effectively reduced my current payment by £2.00 a month (from £38 to£36) so it meant that it covered line rental, phone and fibre to cabinet broadband. Ok "if it works".

As I was writing this the new router has arrived so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Vic

Well I am up and running from 3pm today, hopefully all will be well. On the plus side a current independent speed test shows I am getting In the region of 40 Mb/s instead of my old speed of 2.4 Mb/s.

It will be interesting to see what they charge for the 5.5 days I was without service.

Cheers,

Vic