Hamilton Electrics....

On 4/6/2017 at 0:06 AM, ricardopalamino said:

Hi Joe , Thanks ,...Yeah , it came out looking pretty good . I just picked up another model that I will be posting soon .  

It turns out that the dial side balance pivot is slightly bent and would stop when the dial was up . Fortunately I had another 505 movement ready to go and I switched out the balances and got this puppy running good .     I installed  the balance with the bent pivot into my spare movement and it will run and keep good time if I don't install the cap jewel over the jewel in the shock spring .  I tried to add some end shake in the jewel/spring holder , but no love . 

I could try changing out the shaft with a spare , BUT there is a lot of stuff on the shaft ,....Hairspring , balance wheel with a good integrated coil attached , a teeny weeny wire from the coil that threads through a tube to a contact / jewel plate , a finger block and actuating pin....Sooo , no cap jewel for that guy .... Don't tell anybody .

Hey it cool. I've done that to a watch in my collection. Later on I was able to address the balance staff properly with a donor moevment that appeared. You know how it is: with patience, all things related to parts eventually appear!

J