Funny mishap

I thought I would share my latest mishap. I was repairing a quartz (Ronda 715) which had a faulty date change. The fault was traced to a mis shaped date jumper spring. So I had to make another. I was checking it's size etc. and moved in close to get a closer look & PING straight into my mouth. 

I did not swallow & it did clean it up a bit I suppose. :D

• Like 7

I was working on Seiko 7t32 chrono and low and behold one of the subdial hands turns up missing, I thought it was a goner and well the usual angst ensued, bench cleaning, cursing and the like, but upon exiting the WC, (two days later), I happened to catch something shiny in the rug, well the picture says it all....Luckily it wasn't damaged, wish I had the good fortune to use my mouth to catch such elusive parts!DSCF0437.JPG

On 1/25/2017 at 3:27 AM, clockboy said:

I thought I would share my latest mishap. I was repairing a quartz (Ronda 715) which had a faulty date change. The fault was traced to a mis shaped date jumper spring. So I had to make another. I was checking it's size etc. and moved in close to get a closer look & PING straight into my mouth. 

I know this feeling...oh...yes, I do... I have more than a few MIA watch sweep hands that went flying somewhere in the room.

“Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”
 Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge   

On 27 January 2017 at 8:00 AM, Watchtime said:

in this room you can always find everything you drop....:D

aoa_isolationroom.jpeg

Unless it is white ?

I was going to respond with a phrase using the words "spit" and "swallow" but I am afraid George or another admin would have to censor it - 

either way it was a good catch.

Cheers

Vic

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2017 at 8:27 AM, clockboy said:

I did not swallow & it did clean it up a bit I suppose. :D

Was working on exactly the same movement today, following an excellent walk through which one of the member posted here.  I got right to the last operation - inserting the date ring detent spring,  and "click"..........   Unfortunately I must have swallowed this one as no sign of it after hunting the lino floor for an hour. :)   I guess I will have to make something up.

19 hours ago, Deggsy said:

Was working on exactly the same movement today, following an excellent walk through which one of the member posted here.  I got right to the last operation - inserting the date ring detent spring,  and "click"..........   Unfortunately I must have swallowed this one as no sign of it after hunting the lino floor for an hour. :)   I guess I will have to make something up.

Oh come on!  The chances of two such two similar events occuring under the same circumstances  is a bit hard to swallow....:D

• Like 1

LOL, very witty noirrac.   My movement is the Ronda 715 LI, which is the same but has a plastic full diameter adaptor to take a larger, 10 year battery.   I had another look for the spring today, swept the floor clean, but no sign any where.  How does one go about making a replacement?  Is the special wire available on a reel or do I just reshape from another similar spring? 

• Like 1