Where do I buy Jewels and escape wheels in The U.S.A.

I need a pallet Jewel for a class 158 Elgin. It is the one on the big plate I assuming it is the lower jewel according to elginwatchparts.com (http://www.elginwatchparts.com/Script_Find_Grade.php) I can use part number 2426. If it is upper jewel it would be 2263

Also need a Jewel for a pallet jewel on big plate for a

Waltham Model 1877 Appleton, Tracy & Co.   

Grade: A.T. & Co. question.png
Model: 1877

Does anyone know where the best place to buy these are?

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

The best place for parts that I've found is Esslinger.  There's also a place on the internet called Dash-to (www.dashto.org).  There's also C.R. Time and Otto Frei.  Hope that helps.  Also, I have a few parts for Elgin and Waltham.  I'll take a look and see if I have anything you need.

Shirley

• Like 1

Shirley

I already called Otto Frei ...They want 48 bucks for the Escape wheel, Looking to get the other parts and will call me back. The watch cost less than that. If I can't find a cheap one or a donor watch I will just practice re-pivoting on it one day. 

I am usually very resourceful when it comes to sourcing parts for projects. But watches are a strange animal and I am not to familiar with exactly what part I need or the watchmakers vernacular when asking for it.

If you have any parts at a reasonable cost I would appreciate it. 

Thank You

Anthony

Edited by adiorio110

Have you tried ebay for a selection of jewels, most suppliers have jewels. Not sure how things are over in America but here in the UK visit auctions free add papers, going to old watchmakers/repairs and see if they can help, the same can be said about parts and anything to do with watch repairs. I was lucky I had vasts amount of stock given to me some stuff went back to the beginning of the 1900's in some cases its not what you know its who you know. Some on here might be able to help you out.