Waltham model 1877 broken pivot on Escapement wheel

There's a lot on here that have loads of parts for  Waltham's I'm sure someone will be able to help you, have you tried ebay for a doner movement, how about asking a watchmaker near you, look on the net for someone who can re-pivot watches.

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

The trouble is with these types of videos they make it look easy, which in this case its not they don't cover the problems that can happen. Use these types of video as a basic how it can be achieved. 

oldhippy

I agree with you, it always looks easy in video. As I am still new, I want to get rebuilding and basic servicing down before I move on to more complex repairs. Also Fabricating parts is going to require more tools. I still haven't got all the ones I need for basic stuff.   

I have no local watchmakers. Best bet is going to Manhattan in which case it would cost me more in tolls, parking and aggravation than its worth.

I looked on eBay, no dice. Is this something a supply house would carry? Is there some kind of cross reference that would tell me in what other model watches I could find a donor escapement wheel.

A donor might be my best bet, a jewel in the balance cock doesn't look to good either.

Anthony

The nice thing about Waltham's is eBay is full of them, you should be able to find plenty of them.

I've one myself some where, put up posts as your doing on the forums and you will get one I'm sure.

I'm doing a  Waltham gents nickel pocket watch at the moment, not really worth anything when I have completed it, for me it's just the satisfaction of seeing it running again.

Keep it in a draw somewhere till the parts come up.

Tony

A watch parts supplier might have one in stock.  I have a Waltham 1899 movement with a broken pallet arbor pivot.  I found the Waltham stock number for that particular part for my particular movement from the material catalog and called up a local well-known Canadian supplier (Perrin).  They searched and found NOS in their warehouse.  I wouldn't have thought it possible but quite amazed they did.  You may want to research this route.

Edited by robmack