Seiko tuna damaged threads, HELP!

I got this golden tuna (7c46) with stripped case threads.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

I'd need to find someone that can laser weld titanium and then tap the proper threads...

I tried a different crown to verify that it is in fact the case that is shot. 

IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

On 2017-01-19 at 3:49 AM, jdm said:

It is not a 6309. See the thread (excuse the pun) on another forum, with various useful answers already.

http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/258370-seiko-tuna-stripped-threads.html

None of which have yielded anything... that's why I've posted about it here. The steps to fixing it are clear, however finding a person with the tools and experience is proving to be the challenge :)

Just now, morethan1 said:

None of which have yielded anything... that's why I've posted about it here. The steps to fixing it are clear, however finding a person with the tools and experience is proving to be the challenge :)

With all the due respect, I think the replies given reflect well the problem, and I don't think that the steps to fix it are so clear as you think.

3 minutes ago, jdm said:

With all the due respect, I think the replies given reflect well the problem, and I don't think that the steps to fix it are so clear as you think.

So where do we go from here... I'm a fan of getting things done. It seems there are only handful of ways to go forward, but again, I haven't been able to find a watchmaker to tell me: "I can fix this, it will cost you this much"

1 minute ago, morethan1 said:

I haven't been able to find a watchmaker to tell me: "I can fix this, it will cost you this much".

Maybe because it can't be fixed, or can't be fixed properly. Not everything is possible, or practically possible.

That is repairable but you need to find someone with the right skills, and specific tools for that thread, its a case of tube extraction, and then dulling existing worn threads, then re-tapping the threads again with an offset tap with the correct pitch.

On 2017-01-25 at 0:36 AM, SSTEEL said:

That is repairable but you need to find someone with the right skills, and specific tools for that thread, its a case of tube extraction, and then dulling existing worn threads, then re-tapping the threads again with an offset tap with the correct pitch.

I have a feeling this is one of those cases where the cost of fixing the problem would be above the value of the watch.

• 2 weeks later...