Bubble on Poising Tool

jdrichard

Got a new Poising tool today, one with a Bubble. Unscrewed the back where the bubble is and used a needle size syringe to put Alcohol into the level opening. Then I had to adjust the amount so I could get a very small bubble for more accuracy. As well, the tool came with undercutters that had one two sided bit. Not sure if it takes more bits.

9b2f7288860c6dcf9efc7099b5e32067.jpgdf0fb7d3274211c7064e75cd45824961.jpg76601285475a62629f56886ba726322b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Very nice. Interesting to know about the bubble level. Mine does not have a provision to refill as it is a sealed unit. I have refurbished my Watch craft some years ago. Just finished the balance staff replacement and am refurbishing my truing calipers and cant wait to use them both. Will have lots of pictures of the staff replacement and the truing calipers and the poising tool. I think i love the tools as much as the watches. 

Ron

• Like 1

Very nice. Interesting to know about the bubble level. Mine does not have a provision to refill as it is a sealed unit. I have refurbished my Watch craft some years ago. Just finished the balance staff replacement and am refurbishing my truing calipers and cant wait to use them both. Will have lots of pictures of the staff replacement and the truing calipers and the poising tool. I think i love the tools as much as the watches. 

Ron

Ron, I am totally with you. I love the precision of the tools and the quality really impresses me. I have another poising tool that looks like it is made of brass, but it has no bubble and I find it tricky to level. The undercutter here has an opening for a single blade. Not sure if i can acquire a replacement or different sizes. I am working on an old Elgin and replacing the impulse jewel probably this weekend. Then I will reinstall the table on the balance shaft and poise the lot. Should be interesting as I do need a bit more experience I timing pocket watches using the undercutters.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk