Automatic Movement Rotor not Winding Watch

So I have serviced a watch for a friend and the rotor functions when you turn it worth a toothpick, however, when I wear it for a long period, it is not Winding the watch. Kind of looks like it does not swing freely enough.

Thought? Could it be magnetism. The rotor seems a little light in weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remove the case back and get a photo of the movement, I'm guessing there will be a cheap 21j movement in there.  Check the oscillating weight central screw to ensure its not come loose, because if it has, there's your problem.

He just might like to try and repair it, its a challenge so good luck in what ever you do. I would look at the auto wind first going through it in stages that is the best way of fault finding. Movements do come to an end and this just might be one as others have said its not a very good movement.  

• Like 1

Just now, oldhippy said:

He just might like to try and repair it, its a challenge so good luck in what ever you do. I would look at the auto wind first going through it in stages that is the best way of fault finding. Movements do come to an end and this just might be one as others have said its not a very good movement.  

I had several of such movements, non of them had an efficiently working autowinder. :unsure: