Mince pies for three kings day

Glad you are enjoying one of our traditions... but a mince pie without cream is like a watch without oil. And just like oil, you will get many opinions on the correct type to use, but if you ask me, it has to be either double or clotted and whilst the brandy is optional, the mince pie has to be fresh from the oven!

Unless you have a friendly local dairy farmer, I believe that fresh double cream is not available in the US, and it's somewhat harder to post than mince pies. You need to get yourself over to England to enjoy your next mince pies in the approved manner :-)

While you are here, give the steak a miss, for some reason you guys are way better at that than we are.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Glad you are enjoying one of our traditions... but a mince pie without cream is like a watch without oil. And just like oil, you will get many opinions on the correct type to use, but if you ask me, it has to be either double or clotted and whilst the brandy is optional, the mince pie has to be fresh from the oven!

Unless you have a friendly local dairy farmer, I believe that fresh double cream is not available in the US, and it's somewhat harder to post than mince pies. You need to get yourself over to England to enjoy your next mince pies in the approved manner :-)

While you are here, give the steak a miss, for some reason you guys are way better at that than we are.

Hello,

These mince pies are so good! I've eaten three already and gave one to my brother to try--he also thought a mince pie was some kind of meat-filled pastry.

I've lived in urban settings my whole life, so there aren't many opportunities to have any fresh double cream....which I've also never had. I've been to England several times: usually London, and an excursion to Brighton and Manchester during which I somehow managed to enter a traffic circle against traffic. I went directly into a roundabout. I immediately realized my mistake and safely managed to escape a collision, but not before the police saw my move. They pulled me over and once I started speaking (pure NYC accent) he just looked at me incredulously and told me to be careful getting home, and that in the future I should let someone else drive. England is a fun place.

J

• Like 1