Advertise Here
mk3

Watch of Today

1,052 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, noirrac1j said:

Bulova made some funky watches in the 70's...Nice!

thanks guys. this is the jet star. i've seen them with red on the hands, too. but always with the blue painted bezel.

bulova was NOT afraid to go out on the limb design-wise.

I just finished servicing this Angelus Alarm watch that was given to me by a seller at the local swap meet . It has an AS 1475 movement that is used in other Swiss watches and is cloned in Russian Poljot watches with Cal. 2612.1

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00001.JPG

I found the Angelus watch movement interesting to work on so I got this Poljot at a pretty good "Make Offer " price .

Actually , all the Russian Alarm watches were very reasonable ,...but if course their movements are not as finished looking as the AS 1475 .

Screen shot 2017-01-22 at 3.09.27 PM.png

Screen shot 2017-01-22 at 3.09.38 PM.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Paul78
      Evening all. 
      Would anyone be able to tell me if the ratchet wheel from the Omega 2500c and the ETA 2892.A2 are the same? i've been having a look at cousins and the part for the Omega 2500c seems to be coming up as - Ratchet Wheel, Frederik Piquet 0021 31.020 priced at just over £14.
      However the Omega 2500c is based on the ETA 2892.A2 and the ratchet wheel for that is - Ratchet Wheel ( 415 ), ETA 2890 priced at £8.95
      Its the Co-axial Movement.
      Thanks for any advice.
    • By OmarHaltam
      Hello
      I have a ladies Omega Seamaster from the 80' Cal. 684 that i cleaned, oiled and installed a new mainspring in it.
      it is running 12-15 min slow per day. I will put a picture of the amplitude screen shot.
      i am new to watch repairing so any help and suggestions welcome.
      Thanks,
      Omar

• By R1C4
      I have an Omega Speedmaster 1861 which is gaining 55-60 seconds per day. How can you tell if the watch needs a service or just regulating? I have checked the watch for magnetism and it is not magnetised. The watch was originally purchased in 2010. I only wear the watch a few times per month.
      I have made a short video of the watch on a Timegrapher .

Any suggestions / comments would be most appreciated.
    • By CamBusby
      Hello all,
      I'm in desperate need to find servicing within a reasonable price range for my two omega constellations f300hz. I'm having a very hard process of finding a place that will actually service these watches besides omega itself. Omega's servicing for these watches start at 1200.00 a pop + nearly half a year wait time; quite expensive and time consuming..Does anyone on here recommend a place to get these watches serviced stateside..It would be great if they are in NYC too.

This young watch collector would be so appreciative if someone could help out.

Thanks,
      Cameron 
    • By Claytonc
      This is another one of my Grandfather’s watches. It had stopped running years ago. I decided to take the back off and have a look.

First thing I noticed was a rusty crown shaft and one of the screws that holds the movement was rusty also. I removed the crown and the watch from the case. When I removed the crown it started running. 

I removed the rust from the crown and screw and reinstalled the crown with some lubrication. It has been running and keeping pretty good time for 3 days now.
      Help Request: I would like to ask for some help and guidance for finding the proper crystal for this watch. I have searched and searched but I can not match any of the numbers I have to anything I have found online. This really has me stumped. Here is the information I have with a few pictures also.
      Omega Seamaster Calendar Calibre: 502 Movement Serial Number: 17073574 Numbers inside case: KX6275 E76553
      If anyone could steer me in the right direction to locate the proper crystal I would appreciate it.