In need of a setting spring for a Oris 394 kif

rogart63

The Oris i bought my mother at Christmas is running okay but the stem was a little loose? Had my suspicion what it could be? Open the case up and the little spring piece fell out? The parts where obsolete at cousinsuk. Anyone out there there that could help out? Is it a Oris 394  movement as i think it's a pin lever movement? Only  7 jewels. 

It works to have the stem like it is but would like it to be perfect :) 

Edited by rogart63

20161230_142850.thumb.jpg.05547bc1a4c097

Hi Rogart,
I have this Oris call 292 that is a 7 jewel. The setting lever is good despite superficial rust. I am not sure is there is a caliber cross reference for parts, but I bet it might work. If you want to try it, I'll send it out.

J

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, StuartBaker104 said:

According to Jules Borel, the cal 292 is not the same part. Cousins has what you need in stock, but at £16. Jules Borel's price is $12.75 but you need to contact them to confirm.

Ah yes J. Borel! I just placed an order with them, but forgot to check there.

JC

1 hour ago, noirrac1j said:

20161230_142850.jpg

Hi Rogart,
I have this Oris call 292 that is a 7 jewel. The setting lever is good despite superficial rust. I am not sure is there is a caliber cross reference for parts, but I bet it might work. If you want to try it, I'll send it out.

J

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Thanks J 

But i don't think it will work? My looks more like a normal setting lever for a AS or FHF . Haven't taken the watch apart yet as my mother is wearing it anyway? It works and wind but the time is a little tricky to set. Need to pull the crown at the same time as you set the hands.