Rolex Real or Fake

18 hours ago, jdrichard said:

Canal Street?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Canal Street is in New York City, it's an area known for counterfeit and fakes of all kinds:

Reputation as hawkers' haven[edit]

Canal Street is a bustling commercial district, crowded with comparatively low-rent open storefronts, and street vendors to the west; banks and jewelry shops to the east. Canal Street is also the main Chinese jewelry business district of Chinatown.[6] Tourists as well as locals pack its sidewalks every day to frequent the open-air stalls and bare-bones stores selling items such as perfume, purses, hardware, and industrial plastics at low prices. Many of these goods are grey market imports and many notoriously counterfeit, with fake trademarked brand names on electronics, clothing and personal accessories (including the fake Rolex watches that have become a Manhattan cliché). Bootleg CDs and DVDs are common, and are offered for sale on Canal Street—often before they are even officially released in stores or the theater—in makeshift stands and suitcases or simply laid out on bedsheets.[7]

Widespread sale of these counterfeit goods persists along Canal Street and in its hidden back rooms despite frequent police raids.[8][9] In addition, legislation was proposed in 2013 to try to make purchasing counterfeit items a crime; this would let the city's economy earn back at least $1 billion annually in taxes.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canal_Street_(Manhattan)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2016 at 1:21 PM, MilTimeCan said:

Agreed !!! that little star on the rotor...most definitely Chinese.

I've had a fake Rolex open before and it also had a Chinese movement inside.  The amazing thing to me was that a replacement movement was available for a mere $30 US.  I'm still astounded that a fully jeweled movement can be produced at such a cost. 

• Like 1

I've had a fake Rolex open before and it also had a Chinese movement inside.  The amazing thing to me was that a replacement movement was available for a mere $30 US.  I'm still astounded that a fully jeweled movement can be produced at such a cost. 

Which moment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, RyMoeller said:

A mov.t like the above is $4 or so. I  buy complete watches to make small gifts, for less than $10.  I'll take them apart and post pictures when I have a chance.

• Like 1