When cheap Chinese tools fail

clockboy

I've had the same unit for about three years now and havn't had any problems. Having said that, before I started using it I put a spot of loctite on all the wing nut threads just for good measure.  To be honest it was so cheap, it names it one of the best valued pieces of equipment I have bought.

2 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Not really a winder? It's a tester? For testing automatic watches? 

It is indeed for testing watches, but not just for automatics.  

I use it when regulating all watches after a service, it cycles the watch through all positions and gives you a good idea how good the watch will keep time when on someone's wrist.  Even having set a watch this way, sometimes it has to be regulated to suit the wearer.

• Like 3

I bought this a few weeks ago and found it extremely useful to test the winding ability on autos, and also provide "real life" timekeeping data as mentioned above.

mine has needed threadlock on every nut, and I was already planning on filing a channel on each holder, it looks like I'd better do that sooner rather than later!

This is a Bergeon watch winding machine. The cost of this is almost $800.00. 

Bergeon 5803 Automatic Test Automatic Watch Winder 110 Volt

This is a Chinese watch winding machine. The cost of this machine is $64.00

Automatic test for 6 watch winder Mechanical for professional Use high quality

Hmmmmmmmmmm!  Do you suppose that both machines are made in the same factory in China? What sales and marketing magic could possibly be at work here?

david

Some of Bergeon equipment even comes from China where it's assembled, so the chances are that unbranded are very similar, and maybe QC failures of Bergeon, cosmetically for example.  I have a Bergeon Demagnetiser, and a China version which came from China with the Bergeon branding still attached, go figure.  I returned the Bergeon for a refund.

I have suspected that for a while. I purchased a Bergeon watch hand lifter ( Bergeon 30669-4)
& the centre pusher would not centre so I sent it back. My Bergeon mainspring winder I am sure is not the same as the vintage one you see Mark use the arbours are way too fat & the entry hole is far to small.
The Bergeon cannon pinion lifter is good but not for small cannon,s.  I have since found that they are not the same design as the original such as Mark uses. 

Bergeon rant over. I find however Horotec tools first rate.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.