Invicta auto, (Seiko 24j)

Thinking about this for my xmas present to myself. Invicta Men's 9094 Pro Diver, now before there is any gnashing of teeth, it is an auto NH35A, I still have a eta quartz Invicta on the bench awaiting a $15 crown, from Invicta. I swore I'd never consider the brand, but the price is making it very attractive, ,<$70 USD. Just wanted to get some opinions on this one. At 40 mm case it's about good on my skinny wrist. Yeah, it's a blue dial too!

Made in USA or Imported

• Blue-dial watch featuring numbered unidirectional bezel, magnified date window at 3 o'clock, and logo-accented, 40 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window.
  • Movement Components: Japan, Caliber: NH35A
  • Stainless steel link bracelet with fold-over clasp and safety closure
  • Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft)

71tD6jnEn9L._UX679_.jpg            Invicta Men's 9094 Pro Diver Collection Stainless Steel Automatic Dress Watch with Link Bracelet                                                 

• Like 1

Thinking about this for my xmas present to myself. Invicta Men's 9094 Pro Diver, now before there is any gnashing of teeth, it is an auto NH35A, I still have a eta quartz Invicta on the bench awaiting a $15 crown, from Invicta. I swore I'd never consider the brand, but the price is making it very attractive, ,
Made in USA or Imported

• Blue-dial watch featuring numbered unidirectional bezel, magnified date window at 3 o'clock, and logo-accented, 40 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window.
  • Movement Components: Japan, Caliber: NH35A
  • Stainless steel link bracelet with fold-over clasp and safety closure
  • Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft)
71tD6jnEn9L._UX679_.jpg            91xufJu1cJL._UY445_.jpg                                                 

I have one with the black dial and bezel. You cant fault this watch for the money. It's well constructed and with a good movement. At the price, it's a go anywhere and do anything with. You won't be disappointed if you purchase one. I like the Invicta inscription on the side of the of the case as well. Happy Christmas !

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Looks good, I'm afraid folks who ask might be disappointed when I tell em it's not a you know what!:thumbsu:

Although these days most people don't ask what I'm wearing! thanks you just drove me one step closer to buying...I have a few lines in the bay on a Seiko 6139 Navigator timer or so the advert says, may be able to steal it, so have to wait a bit.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:38 AM, WileyDave said:

Looks good, I'm afraid folks who ask might be disappointed when I tell em it's not a you know what!:thumbsu:

Although these days most people don't ask what I'm wearing! thanks you just drove me one step closer to buying...I have a few lines in the bay on a Seiko 6139 Navigator timer or so the advert says, may be able to steal it, so have to wait a bit.

yup beat by a sniper....every time I bid, up it went for $1 for other bidder, I thought about bidding an exorbitant price, just to make em pay more, but I don't know enough about the process to make sure I did not end up paying the price myself. If it's true that snipe s/w doesn't have a max amount won't bid higher, then my theory would be true. THAT SUKS! It's not the last one, but if you have ever got your sights on a not so common watch, this is what happens on the bay.:angry: and they don't care!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132027673905?euid=d842b2b2bca74a60b389c88966c87633&bu=43795651594&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

sellers description: (they obviously didn't know what the Seiko was)

looks like the invicta might be under the tree!!!!!

Could of been worse. You could of been successful !
The last watch it bought on the bay was a vintage Seiko 5, running.
Yep it did run for about 20 seconds or so if you shook it hard enough.
Taking the back cover off. Bad signs to start with:- burred screw slots and some missing.
Closer inspection:- The balance spring was neither concentric or flat.
Rotor arm bearing worn out as was the Pawl and the second reduction wheel. So no auto winding for me then. Needless to say the movement was bone dry.
Great credit to the Seiko 7009A movement. When wound up on the ratchet wheel with a screwdriver, the poor little thing ticked and plodded along for well over a day. Don't know how?
Not only a waste of my hard earned £20 but what annoys me more I've heard said "The weakness of the Seiko is the auto wind system " Try a bit of a clean and a drop of oil. Works wonders to the longevity!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Seiko can be summed up in one word....quality.

1. Quality of design.. efficient mechanism using the best of space available. Examples (magic lever auto winding, click spring which is just a stamped metal piece, efficient quick-set for day/date...etc etc).

2. Quality of materials used ..  I still have not come across a broken set-lever spring in a Seiko. Also it is pretty unusual to come across a broken balance pivot. On most of the watches the main-spring is still usable.. where they are not, it is usually due to mishandling by someone in the past. In fact the only weak point I can think of is the bearing in the automatic winding weight. If somebody made an aftermarket part for this item they could sell 100-200pcs easily.

Anil

• Like 1

Seiko can be summed up in one word....quality.

1. Quality of design.. efficient mechanism using the best of space available. Examples (magic lever auto winding, click spring which is just a stamped metal piece, efficient quick-set for day/date...etc etc).

2. Quality of materials used ..  I still have not come across a broken set-lever spring in a Seiko. Also it is pretty unusual to come across a broken balance pivot. On most of the watches the main-spring is still usable.. where they are not, it is usually due to mishandling by someone in the past. In fact the only weak point I can think of is the bearing in the automatic winding weight. If somebody made an aftermarket part for this item they could sell 100-200pcs easily.

Anil

In comparative terms I don't believe the oscillating weight or its bearing has any inherent weakness! Any issues is more due to lack of maintenance over a very long period of time [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

On 12/15/2016 at 0:08 AM, digginstony said:

I have one with the black dial and bezel. You can't fault this watch for the money. It's well constructed and with a good movement. Hand wind and hacking. At the price it's a go anywhere and do anything with watch. You won't be disappointed. Happy Christmas!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I fully agree. 

I just wish the company would be more realistic with their MSRP's.

Carnival cruise line promotes them on their vessels, its a shame they would probably sell better if Invicta adjusted the MSRP, people just shy away from them when they see Citizen and Seiko. Moreover, the competition just got stiffer as Carnival has started selling refurbished Cartier's, and they look really good.       

• Like 1

Well I musta been a bad boy, cuz santa didn't leave it under my tree, he did leave it in the "Cart"! (heh heh, heh:biggrin:), My better half wishes that I'd cull the herd of watches I already have, and she is right. So rounding up some orphans that I have fixed up and off to the auction for sale.

• 1 month later...