Hello from Somerset

Denarius

Welcome to this friendly forum. There s plenty of advice on here about tools, try not to get the cheap tools they don't last and there a waste of money. Get the best you can afford, good tools will last a life time. Somerset good old cider county. I'm not to far away over the boarded in Devon

On 12/6/2016 at 6:29 PM, Denarius said:

I was just about ready to order a lot of tools but will go through this forum first before placing my order..

:)

Greetings!

Excellent idea! Good watch tools can be pricey, so it's well worth doing some research before opening the wallet. I'm finding myself having to replace some of the junk tools I bought early on. I'm not fond of buying things twice, but oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Denarius and welcome from me,

It may be prudent to get an old cheap simple working three hand wristwatch (ie not auto or day or date or chronographs etc) from an auction site and buy the decent screwdrivers and tweezers that you need to take it apart. If your interest lies with pocket watches which it could be argued are best for a starter, again go simple and stay away from fusee (conical pulley or wheel types). You can add to your tools (and you will need to) as you go along but be warned as Dadistic says it is not a cheap hobby - even decent oils cost a bit.  It is however, quite addictive, especially after your first one is cleaned and re assembled and it works !

You will always be able to post a question if you get stuck.

Cheers,

Vic