My Very Small Collection

mcass

I've always loved watches and always wanted to collect them. Knowing That most of the watches I'm drawn too are well out of my reach, I never started collecting. I'd wear what ever Quartz someone might gift to me and once it was beat to hell I'd just toss it. At, 45 I decided to try and rebuild my first watch, another long time bucket list item. That was my 1968 Bulova Oceanographer that I picked up at an estate sale for $10 purely by chance. After that one I had intentions of finding, fixing, and selling vintage watches. That was back in January. I've run into a slight twist in the plan though. After fixing and wearing for a day or two, I can't bring myself to sell them. With that said, I have now become a collector. Here is my modest collection that I have gotten much enjoyment from.

1968 Bulova Oceanographer

1976 Bulova Accutron

1975 Timex Automatic

Early 90's Zarja 3105

Early to mid 89's Vostok Amphibian

Vostok Kommandirski (unknown age)

413043599256ad92ea3b101371cf2324.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

apologies I am useless on a computer and haven't a clue how to post pictures but my watch collection in order of how much I like them:-

Frank Muller conquistador with white gold case

Cartier Roadster with stainless steel case (very pretty watch)

Meistersinger No.01 - only one hand (never seen anyone else wearing one)

Rolex Explorer 42mm stainless steel with orange hand

Breitling Avenger 2 Seawolf with yellow face

Luminox quartz with yellow face

Omega deville quartz cal.1337 - working but winder stem needs resetting and glass needs fitting

regards

Chas

• Like 1

I know what you mean about not wanting to sell them mcass. They almost become part of the family. That's a nice little collection you have. Try buying 2 or 3 modestly priced watches (non runners) if possible, fixing them then selling one. That way your hobby can become more or less self financing. I have quite a number of 1960's Tissot's....some identical. Someone said why do you need 2 or 3 watches the same. Got no answer to that so I sell one and buy something from an auction completely different and then I'm glad I did. Perhaps branch out and try pocket watches. The choices are endless.

Chris 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:52 PM, mcass said:

After fixing and wearing for a day or two, I can't bring myself to sell them.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:32 PM, chrisdt said:

I know what you mean about not wanting to sell them mcass. They almost become part of the family.

Same here  !    :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...