Why I rescue ladies models

diveboy

This is the 14k gold Model 877 with 15 jewels and originally sold for $110.

Heres how it arrived - yes thats lead solder on the bottom right... sure you've see it all before but for me, first time but I couldn't let that stop me buying it. 

Zj6LF5opNCWTbE6mtAga2wZ6Dc8hdPX7aQZnRVi0

I had a gold smith clean up the case and remove the lugs from another case and then went and saw a laser welder who attached the replacement lugs, I did the dial swap and case polish, then sewed up the ribbon band and the end result 

zBw3fhR-mcGNTzOC5UvW3hETBh4Ty9t8nc7Ho_Vf

its currently 87 years old and hopefully will last another 87 years.

• Like 5

It won't work!  Me wife steals my Lord Elgins all the time.  Rarely does she wear a ladies deco period watch and she's a deco nut, she loves them but they are too small for everyday wear.  That's a bonus for me as I restore them and don't have to worry about day to day wear. 

Here's the model 103 Madame Premet from the Parisienne line,  again,  restored from bare cases and the matching ribbons and clasps is how they would have been in store when they went on sale in 1928

ZyZMZ6-dZDxXPG-HyZWPYW3AKHNYiGKX5CVYrgQd

• Like 2

After my first I swore I'd never work on a women's watch movement again (too small).  You can't beat the prices though.  I bought a Seiko Hi-Beat automatic with day & date for $9 and an eighty year old Rolex for $45.  They clean up just as nice as a men's watch although the resale value may not be as good.  They do make good gifts though.

18 hours ago, diveboy said:

It won't work!  Me wife steals my Lord Elgins all the time.  Rarely does she wear a ladies deco period watch and she's a deco nut, she loves them but they are too small for everyday wear.  That's a bonus for me as I restore them and don't have to worry about day to day wear. 

Here's the model 103 Madame Premet from the Parisienne line,  again,  restored from bare cases and the matching ribbons and clasps is how they would have been in store when they went on sale in 1928

ZyZMZ6-dZDxXPG-HyZWPYW3AKHNYiGKX5CVYrgQd

Fantastic!