Replaced battery on Omega Deville will not start

provlima

I have an Omega Quartz Deville  that I have not used for 10 years.  Thinking its battery is dead I replaced with a new one. No luck it still doesn't start.

I've tested the new battery and its good.  Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?  Thanks for your help

6 minutes ago, provlima said:

I have an Omega Quartz Deville  that I have not used for 10 years.  Thinking its battery is dead I replaced with a new one. No luck it still doesn't start.

I've tested the new battery and its good.  Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?  Thanks for your help

Might sound daft and have no idea of your expertise but have you fit the correct battery, many deville models take a 346 or 341 battery, I have seen many times where a 315 has been put in and damaged the battery connections and the back pushed on and the battery pushed into the movement, this not only twists or bends the movement it can also bend the dial. If this has happened in the past either the mainplate could be bent or possibly just the hands could be touching the bent dial.

Is the battery insolator sat in correctly?

Really need the calibre number off the movement to advise further, or even better some pictures!!

Thank you for your kind reply I have attached photos. I have also attached a spec sheet I found indicating the watch needed a 9937 reference regarding the battery.

The one I took out was a 315. It fit in well and was flush with the top of the movement.   I noticed the bar holding the battery in had a thin  film on it that appeared to look like a deteriorated powdery sponge like texture. Could this be an insulator to prevent the bar from touching the back of the watch.

Your help is appreciated

Jim

IMG_2142[1].jpg

IMG_2141[1].jpg

Omega DeVille 1377.pdf

6 minutes ago, digginstony said:

Your opening thread concerns me. If the battery was left in for 10 years ? It may have leaked and damaged the movement.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It looks pretty okay inside the movement though? But there are some debris around the edges. There could maybe have come in to the movement? 

should the + side of the battery be showing when the battery is placed in its compartment.  The document says to make sure negative side is facing bridge. Is th retainer bar called a bridge?  Also should the pin be making contact with the side of the battery?

Thanks for your help

should the + side of the battery be showing when the battery is placed in its compartment.  The document says to make sure negative side is facing bridge. Is th retainer bar called a bridge?  Also should the pin be making contact with the side of the battery?

Thanks for your help

Most modern movements have + facing you but if memory serves me right the ETA 959001 is opposite ie.. + down - facing you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk