Broken Regulator Pin

Folkvisor

Yes, you need to replace it, otherwise you won't be able to regulate the watch.

They are rivetted in, so you will see a domed head on top of the lever... cut this off with a scalpel and you should be able to push the pin out.

Cousins sells mixed packs, but they make them hard to find - search for S37393

Fitting the new one is a bit more tricky. You may have to make up a special anvil with a hole for the boot and the pin so you can rivet over the end.

Once you've done this you can cut the pin to length and adjust the gap so the pin is parallel to the boot and the hairspring just fits.

Alternatively, if you can track down a replacement lever, that is quicker, easier and cheaper, but less rewarding!

S

Thank you all for the ideas. I'm not sure what a pivot drill is - I'll look in a catalogue. I probably need some kind of a staking took eventually...

I'm cleaning another watch. The only way to do it is to clean off the grime and rinse - repeat until clean. No fun at all but, as my watchmaker friend says, "Who told you this is fun?"

This stuff all looks so easy in the videos.

Dave

I would get a replacement if it where just a Seiko 7009 movement . But if it was a Omega or Lemania or something like that i would probably do it?

On the other hand it's good practice to have done it on a Seiko when you need to do it on a Omega?