staiger quartz astronometer

graham123

hello back again.managed to get this staiger clock from a auction,and really pleased with it.i have never come across this type of clock before,so i intend to keep it.the same auction had a vintage walker time grapher,again never seen one before,and think my friend bought it.sorry about no pics,i really struggle to upload pics

10 hours ago, graham123 said:

thanks clock boy,this was the auction picture i used.the case is good old hippy,and all the functions are working well.i am guessing the clock was made in the eighties,with a limited manufacturer run    

I would think that is a safe bet around the 1980's. If it is a limited edition it should have a number with some sort of paper work, a limited edition could be any number, a clock could be made in its thousands and still be called a limited edition.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• In repairing a generic Swiss cylinder quarter repeater pocket watch with no repeat mainspring I'm trying to work out how to determine the size of a suitable spring.  Barrel ID 7.6mm, Arbor 2.77mm height around 1.45mm. Clearly only one turn is used plus setup, but the only actual figure I can find in Saunier who says in the previous half century 3.5 turns was considered good (and Saunier is about 1880).  Calculating off that would suggest about a 0.15mm thick spring 128mm long. That feels intuitively a little thick, but I don't have another repeater conveniently to hand to check so any pointers welcome.  Photo shows the repeat train assembled without the bridge since that hides everything.   Alan  
    • To identify movements the standard practice is the actual diameter of the movement, and a front on image of both the movement side and the dial side- minus the dial. The setting mechanism (under the dial) is considered the "fingerprint" of the movement and 9/10 leads to full identification.
    • What of? The wheel itself (standard lever escapement) or the plate with no numbers on it? Does that help, from the ebay listing?
    • Thanks. I did make a self introduction— perhaps in the wrong place? 🤔😢In any I am an Australian 🇦🇺 American living in the beautiful Gold Coast, Queensland Australia. I love Grand Seiko and Seiko watches, and recently came back from the Grand Seiko Shizukuishi Studio in northern Japan where I was blown away by the design artistry and technical excellence. More later on that (including photos, if interested!)
    • Bbefixer. I had the same type of problem when I first joined the forum. A pocket watch movement with no markings. Photographs of the the movement, and the members came to the rescue. Within days I had a number of suggestions. Found the details and information of the movement on ranfft. Never managed to get a donor, but at least I know what I need.  The members are really knowledgeable.