Seiko 7009A Keyless works

Apparently, the only way the 7009A can be wound is with the flange. Interesting stuff. I was wondering why there was no intermediate wheel on the thing to wind it - it's because there is none. Sort of the simulacrum all over again...

I find it a bit strange but there it is.

I'd love to get it working; my jeweller friend told me it was impossible. 

Dave

Thank you muchly!

What would I do without WRT? Take up basket weaving perhaps? It's actually more difficult than one would think.

Dave

Apparently, the only way the 7009A can be wound is with the flange. Interesting stuff. I was wondering why there was no intermediate wheel on the thing to wind it - it's because there is none.

In the past automatic only winding was more common on entry level movements. Now is produced by the Japanese and Chinese only, mainly for marketing differentiate reasons.

I am having a problem with the pallet lever/impulse jewel. I don't think the escape wheel lines up precisely with the jewels on the pallet lever. Everything works to the escape wheel, the balance assembly is new and balance wheel turns but it doesn't connect with the escape wheel via the pallet lever. 

Any ideas. I've examined until I'm cross-eyed and it all looks fine - nothing is upside down.

Dave