Dulux chronograph

Daveb

just received this one in the post, not sure if I have made an expensive mistake, all I know about it is it's a Dulux chronograph, it's missing the crown and was sold as untested. I think it has a Landeron movement but I can't work out how to remove the back and I'm too scared to force it. It has gold markers but rose gold coloured hands except the sub seconds which looks like a blued hand. Not sure what colour the hands are supposed to be. The case is covered in green from the brass strap pins but should come off easily. The good thing is when I give it a little shake the sub seconds ticks for a couple of seconds and the chrono pushers click nicely. The glass is scratched and the chrome isn't brilliant. What do you think? Any info would be appreciated. I won't even attempt to take the movement apart, that would be a very big mistake at the moment. Sorry about the pic I had to use my phone as I can't seem to upload pics on here from the camera. Cheers, Dave.

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

25 minutes ago, Cad101 said:

A pic of the back would be nice or it could be a front loader does it have a removable bezel on the front i cant tell from your pic.

I will take one when I get back from work, it looks like a snap on but there are no recesses or lips, the bezel does look more (roomy). 

15 minutes ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Looks almost definitely a snap back as the case is plated and the back appears to be stainless. The case looks pretty filthy so you may struggle to find the cutout to insert a case knife. If you carefully roll a scalpel blade round the join and look hard with a loupe you will probably find it

It's gunk from a reaction of the leather strap and the brass? Strap bars.

Sorry about the bad pics.DSC_0097.JPG

23 minutes ago, StuartBaker104 said:

I'm going for Landeron 48, although it could be a 54. Can you see a calibre number stamped under the balance wheel?

Looks in a good state. Have you managed to give it a wind yet?

I can't see the number under the balance wheel, I've looked on ranfft archives and it isn't quite the same as the 48, 54 or 248. Did they differ slightly in the same movement at all? 

It's not a 47. Very different chrono bridge.

Key difference between 48 and 54 is size, but they share many parts.  148 and 248 are later variants of 48.

If you are planning to tackle it yourself, you will need this... http://shop.joseph-watches.com/joseph/members/FMPro?-db=joseph_archive.fp5&-lay=web&-format=esemblo_details.html&kategorie=esemblograf&-recid=12607829&-token=002&-find

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Key difference between 48 and 54 is size, but they share many parts.  148 and 248 are later variants of 48.

If you are planning to tackle it yourself, you will need this... http://shop.joseph-watches.com/joseph/members/FMPro?-db=joseph_archive.fp5&-lay=web&-format=esemblo_details.html&kategorie=esemblograf&-recid=12607829&-token=002&-find

Thank you, I wish I was more clued up on part names and then I could have explained. They only made the 47 in 1937 didn't they? It must just share some of the same parts.

23 hours ago, StuartBaker104 said:

I have now taken the balance out Stuart and there is no calibre number anywhere.