Seen it all now!!!

Just got this gucci in for a service, I am guessing who ever changed the battery didn't realise the nylon gaskets go on the case back first and ended up squashing it, then wondered why stretching a rubber O ring over it wouldn't make it fit so ended up sticking it on with good old Rodico.

image.jpeg

Edited by Tiktok
  • Like 1

You will be surprised what comes your way when it comes to bodge ups. I remember a watch that came in the person said they thought it needed some oil as it would stop, now it doesn't go at all. I opened the back and about half a can of what looked like 3 in 1 came poring out, lucky it didn't get to the dial, but it was flooded.

On June 10, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Tiktok said:

The thing that's even more frustrating is it's likely to be someone in the trade that's done this to have had Rodico to do it with.

Yeah that's the same thing I thought.  That's a phenomenal level of laziness there.

You will be surprised what comes your way when it comes to bodge ups. I remember a watch that came in the person said they thought it needed some oil as it would stop, now it doesn't go at all. I opened the back and about half a can of what looked like 3 in 1 came poring out, lucky it didn't get to the dial, but it was flooded.

I was doing work for a store and the owner used to complain about my pricing. He said heatedly that all you have to do I'd put the whole movement (even the dial) in the cleaner and add oil to it.

Then I recalled a job I did for him and the pocket watch was full of oil. Idk why, but I now have the feeling he tried to do it himself, lol!

Needless to say, he is now looking for a new watch guy! I am no longer being cussed at daily!

Diamondslayer

• Like 1