Mark

Sign in with Patreon to WatchRepairTalk.com

11 posts in this topic

Screen-Shot-2016-05-09-at-18.55.02.jpg

I have made it so much easier for Patrons to link their Patron account WatchRepairTalk.com

Now you can sign in with Patreon, and your Patreon account will be synced with the WRT database. 

Why is this important?

Well, within the next week or two I will be launching a new section on WatchRepairTalk.comespecially for Patrons so that you can watch, pause and resume my videos in HD up to 1080p.

New videos will be uploaded with a much higher bit rate and so they will display better on large screen monitors or TV's. 

Older videos unfortunately have already been rendered in a lower bit rate but I have tried to improve them as best as possible.

This is a big advantage for you as the videos I upload to YouTube are a lower bit rate and rendered at 720p.

I have been working extremely hard on this for the past couple of months and am pleased to say that testing is going well and I should have it launched within the next week or two.

If you are already a member of WatchRepairTalk.com then you will notice that you have a Patron badge on any post you have made. But now you can also log in with your Patreon account if you wish to do so. However, your old login credentials will still work.

If you are not a member of WatchRepairTalk.com then now you don't need to perform any lengthy signup process. Simply go to sign in and choose "Sign in with Patreon". You will then be able to take advantage of the new features as soon as they become available.

If you have any trouble logging into the site then please let me know.

Mark :)

deeclee likes this

Ive been meaning to become a Patreon for a while, but keep forgetting to upgrade.

On 5/10/2016 at 9:53 AM, SSTEEL said:

Ive been meaning to become a Patreon for a while, but keep forgetting to upgrade.

Thanks Mickey :)

Hi Mark,

I'm considering to join the program but I would like to know a little bit more about the courses that will be available, in order to select which patron option fits me. Can you please describe course content in detail? One of my concerns is related with watch movement overhaul. I love to watch you presenting Rolex movements strip downs and other top grade movements but, unfortunately I suspect I will never have one in front of me.

I started this hobby 2 years ago, and I love in. Being engineer helps, but I have been facing a complete lack of possibility to improve my knowledge about watch repairing. Schools are expensive or don't allow older people, like me, to enroll. I think that your online videos are the only consistent channel regarding information and practice techniques. 

My best regards,

Henrique

HurleySG likes this

welcome to the forum !   its a great plus to be an eng..   especially mechanical !  i consider  reading a tech. manual the best watch education.  i suggest Le Clare's book.    cheers  vinn

Hello Henrique,

Another book you may look for is Practical Watch Repairing by Donald De Carle.  It was written years ago but it is still valid for newer watches and if your watches were made years ago anyway it is contemporaneous.

Cheers,

Vic

LaBelle likes this

thats the book.   have it on my bench,  just dint remember authors name.   it  is a very good for pre auto.  wrist watches and pocket watches.    vinn

Finally I'm a Patreon.   Been so busy, still am in fact, but found some spare time to finally put my money where my mouth was :)

How long does it take to show the badge?  I logged in with my Patreon account.

Edited by SSTEEL
Mark likes this

4 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

Finally I'm a Patreon.   Been so busy, still am in fact, but found some spare time to finally put my money where my mouth was :)

How long does it take to show the badge?  I logged in with my Patreon account.

Thanks so much for your support Micky :)

SSTEEL likes this