Hobby Watch Maker

Hi Sendikumar, if I remember well, the minute hand is inserted in the gap between the hour wheel and the cannon pinion or rather on the cannon pinion (I haven't worked on one of those for some time now. It depends on the hands you are getting and yes, it looks a little high but it might be the way the picture was taken. Just get a dial as Geo suggested and check that you have enough of the hour wheel out and clearance for the hour and minute hands.

Also, don't cut the stem until the very end when you are ready to give the watch as finished: that's the last thing you would do. Also, I wouldn't cut the hour wheel because of many factors, one that come to mind is finish and another is "even", if you screw up you will be in a real fix to fit the hour hand properly if at all. Remember the hands tool stops on the rim of the hour wheel (on top). That surface should be even or the hand will be twisted and you will have to adjust by sight...it still can be done but not very professional. I 'd rather get a shorter wheel or a longer canon pinion...they are all the same for that movement regardless of country of origin.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am bit busy with my work , with computers creating software, in tight deadlines. However I ordered dial and it will be ready in couple of weeks time will start again.

:)

For sure I will post lot of questions and queries

:)

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Ah Sendil

Work - that horrible four letter word that stops the fun in the pursuit of income.  I well remember that from pre-retirement times before my hair turned grey and then fell out.

Hope your ventures are successful and I look forward to the next posting.

Cheers,

Vic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vich said:

I well remember that from pre-retirement times before my hair turned grey and then fell out.

I'm there now Vich, glad you read my future! Four more years....I can't wait!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

• 10 months later...