Favre-Leuba 253 Service

On 2/14/2017 at 11:01 PM, icius said:

Tracy.  I think it is working again.  Maybe it was because I haven't logged in in quite a while?  When I click it it immediately downloads it rather than trying to open it in the browser.  Let me know if you are still having trouble.

Thanks, the link works and I can download the pdf. However the pdf cannot be opened?? Maybe the file is corrupted?

I have tried opening it no more than one computer. I also tried opening it using Adobe Acrobat Pro--on luck?

Can you check to see if it can be opened--maybe update the pdf?

Thanks, Tracy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon,

I felt like I HAD to register and comment having found this doc online.  Wow.  I was desperately looking for some images of an FL movement very similar to this one as I am currently in the process of re-assembling one (my first movement assemble pretty much from scratch), never in my dreams did I think I was going to stumble upon a doc like this, which basically takes me though re-assembling the thing step by step!

I plan to use this doc extensively throughout this little project :)

Thanks SO much.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, AaronIkonen said:

I recently got this watch and it happened that the stem fell off.  how does it lock in place?

Please do not  hook onto other topics just because you own a same watch. We have a section for questions as well one to introduce oneself, which is always appreciated.
Anyway I recommend that you bring or ship it to a competent repairer.

Edited by jdm

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• In repairing a generic Swiss cylinder quarter repeater pocket watch with no repeat mainspring I'm trying to work out how to determine the size of a suitable spring.  Barrel ID 7.6mm, Arbor 2.77mm height around 1.45mm. Clearly only one turn is used plus setup, but the only actual figure I can find in Saunier who says in the previous half century 3.5 turns was considered good (and Saunier is about 1880).  Calculating off that would suggest about a 0.15mm thick spring 128mm long. That feels intuitively a little thick, but I don't have another repeater conveniently to hand to check so any pointers welcome.  Photo shows the repeat train assembled without the bridge since that hides everything.   Alan  
    • To identify movements the standard practice is the actual diameter of the movement, and a front on image of both the movement side and the dial side- minus the dial. The setting mechanism (under the dial) is considered the "fingerprint" of the movement and 9/10 leads to full identification.
    • What of? The wheel itself (standard lever escapement) or the plate with no numbers on it? Does that help, from the ebay listing?
    • Thanks. I did make a self introduction— perhaps in the wrong place? 🤔😢In any I am an Australian 🇦🇺 American living in the beautiful Gold Coast, Queensland Australia. I love Grand Seiko and Seiko watches, and recently came back from the Grand Seiko Shizukuishi Studio in northern Japan where I was blown away by the design artistry and technical excellence. More later on that (including photos, if interested!)
    • Bbefixer. I had the same type of problem when I first joined the forum. A pocket watch movement with no markings. Photographs of the the movement, and the members came to the rescue. Within days I had a number of suggestions. Found the details and information of the movement on ranfft. Never managed to get a donor, but at least I know what I need.  The members are really knowledgeable.