Swiss Emperor Watch - Any Good?

Looks like the correct parts to me Roberto, but I could be wrong. Remember you will probably have to do a bit of stem fitting to get it to the correct length. It will be a bit more of a fiddle with it being a split stem.

http://www.watchrepairtalk.com/page/index.html/_/watch-repair-information/fitting-a-new-watch-stem-r26

I hope it is correct. Sent him the parts sheet to confirm. Don't forget I have the female part/crown ready and waiting.

looks good Roberto , you already have the female part with the crown don't you ?, always a handy spare as the female part seems hard to find these days

Yes I do. Its useful to have that extension juuuuuust in case although I test fitted it and the crown does fit the case tube.

I hope females are not that scarce and to have them always ready and waiting is like a dream come true....errr wait, are we talking about...What? :D

Don't worry ro63rto, it will come out perfect just make sure you don't rush the stem fitting and if in doubt try it again and again. I almost had to discard my first one for not screwing it tight to the crown when I first measured it.

Cheers,

Bob

I hope females are not that scarce and to have them always ready and waiting is like a dream come true....errr wait, are we talking about...What? :D

Don't worry ro63rto, it will come out perfect just make sure you don't rush the stem fitting and if in doubt try it again and again. I almost had to discard my first one for not screwing it tight to the crown when I first measured it.

Cheers,

Bob

[emoji1]

Hopefully no adjustment necessary. I have the crown with the female part already and it should just click onto the male part coming from Italy (speaking Italian comes in handy sometimes)

Excellent ro63rto, I was a little confused with all the female talk :) You are almost done then and we will be able to enjoy a picture of your efforts' final product. Isn't it something?! You will be wearing a watch serviced and repaired by you, on your wrist pretty soon!

Saluti,

Bob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be OK to put a slight amount of thread locker (locktite 222, NOT superglue) in the joint? Just a thought.

No. But its not the joint between the two parts that is the problem.

It all comes out from the movement.

I think the previous owner must have unscrewed it too many turns. Looks like a dial off to see whats come loose. [emoji35]

• 2 years later...